AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia
$107
$92
The Lodge at Giant's Ridge(Biwabik)(Great Value!)
$139
TripAdvisor
$66
Priceline
$154
All reviewshighway sideamerican innwaffleshockey tournament in townlobby area iscable tvconference roomaverage hotelhome away from homenice pooldesk staffcomfortable bedswould stay againpool and hot tubfree breakfastgreat place to stayiron
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This AmericInn is another testimony to a small hotel chain that gets it right everytime. If you are not familiar with AmericInn, one of its standouts is its cinderbox walls and thus "quiet" rooms which is VERY TRUE!. Each AmericInn has its own flavor and this one in Virginia/Mountain Iron, Minnesota once a nice place to come to after work. The beautiful woodwork, the in-house bar/snack restaurant, the friendly staff, the delicious (hot/cold) breakfast and the overall quality of the rooms was nice. Plus, the hotel is situated around many restaurants and shops for a variety of places to eat and sight seeing is less than a 1/2 mile away at the top of the mountains.

I liked the AmericInn and will look forward to my next visit to MN with a stay at the AmericInn.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice and they do have smoking rooms available, but because of the cinderbox structure, no smoke smell was in the halls.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MariaW11
Reviewed May 22, 2012

my wife and I had a birthday party to attend in Virginia Mn ,19th /may we also needed a place to stay for the evening. We seen an AmericInn just off the highway .upon entering the lobby we were greeted with a smile from a very friendly young lady I wish I could have gotten her name as she is a great asset to her company the room was one of the cleanest we have had the pleasure to have stayed at (A great job well done) Wayne W Waller Saginaw MN

Room Tip: If you need a place to staywhile in Virgina Mn I highly recommend the Americ INN A great place to stay
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne W
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We enjoyed on of the suites and it was great; from using the hot tube to lighting up the fire place.
Bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. TV's worked. Although limited, there is a neat little bar inside the motel. The pool area should be taken advantage of. Most enjoyable people staffing motel. Breakfast like most other of motels, but hope they do not get rid of the sausage gravy and biscuits. They could also use larger towels for the hot tbs in the rooms. But the place is well worth staying at.

Room Tip: Get a Suite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night while on a business trip and had a very comfortable, pleasant stay. We were a little concerned by its close proximity to the freeway and rail yard but found we had no issues with noise. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable with good quality linens. The staff was friendly and the woman at the front desk was very helpful in recommending restaurants and answering our questions about the area.We appreciated the clean breakfast area that offered some nice choices, especially the do it yourself waffle maker and fresh fruit. We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I had another very good experience. The hotel has everything you might need and is very clean. The pool area is great especially in that the water is warmer than any pool I have ever been in. Not good for laps, but I have never seen anyone do that. The hot tub is huge. The pool area is a huge plus. The give you one free drink to boot. I know there have been comments about the trains. We were on the train side and had not trouble sleeping, but for lighter sleepers ask to be on the other side. If the price is a bit high it is only by $10 -15 or so. I doubt if many would reject a hotel that they think is only that much "overpriced". The Range is a great place to visit. Very unique. We love it there.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the train tracks are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family