“Nicest I've seen on the Range”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Iron
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nicest I've seen on the Range”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed here with our two kids for two nights. I've been to several other hotels in the Virginia and Hibbing area and by far I think this is the nicest. Granted it has only been open for about two months as of this review. Check in was so-so. The young kid at the desk was struggling with how to accept a personal check from another guest checking in. So he left that guy and helped me. I could tell this other guest was not pleased.
I got a government rate of $79 which is a nice price for a nice hotel I thought. The swimming pool is very nice, there is a small fitness room with quality equipment and not the junk many hotels like to install. The breakfast area is very nice with a good amount of seating, a large stone fireplace and several flat screen TV's to watch while eating. We stayed over a weekend and both mornings, the breakfast area was packed and the food pretty much gone at 8:30am. We decided to come back a little after 9:00am and the crowd had cleared out and the food had been replenished.
The only thing I thought was a little odd for a nice property was the hotel housekeeping staff. They were not in any type of uniform. I saw them pushing their carts down the corridor's wearing bandana's, cut off t-shirts, torn jeans, and piercing's in places besides the ears...If I was the GM of this property, I would want my staff uniformed.
We will stay at this hotel again when we go to the Iron Range.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
n/a
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My group had originally planned to stay at a different hotel, however it was booked up. I looked for alternates and I had just noticed that this hotel just opened up. I decided to give it a try. It is a bit off of the main highway going north through Virginia and Eveleth however it wasn't too bad of a drive. Rooms were clean and very spacious along with the bathrooms, which I liked. Breakfast in the morning was good along with the free WiFi. I most likely will consider this hotel again if I stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 17, 2009

First this place has a pool and jacuzzi indoors not out doors.
Lovely staff warm and inviting, hotel is new and is really nice and roomy, wireless and wired internet, fresh baked cookies, awesome breakfast.
Big flat screen tv''s.
fridge and microwaves in room.
We have staying in the range area hotels for the last 9 years probably 3 times a year 3 or 4 days each time.
We started at the Hibbing park but that place is run down.
Then we went to Chisholm inn and we enjoyed that for awhile but their recent rate increases and inability to keep things maintained and they have a guy that works there he is just angry. So we have found a new home.
This new H.I.E. is the bomb don't waste any money stay here, send a clear message to the other hotels that used to think they cornered the market and didn't have to provide good customer service.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Eveleth
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron

Property: Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron
Address: 8570 Rock Ridge Dr, Mountain Iron, MN 55768-2800
Location: United States > Minnesota > Mountain Iron
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Iron
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron Hotel Mountain Iron