Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron
$150
Pine View Inn(Virginia)(Great Value!)
$70
Lakeshore Motor Inn(Virginia)(Great Value!)
$75
$92
$77
$134
Hampton.com
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskbeautiful fireplacethe breakfast areanewer propertymini fridge and microwaverooms are spacious and cleanbiscuits and gravyguest laundryearly checkhave stayed here several timeswould stay againthird floorenjoyed my staybeautiful hotelthe entire staffwater pressure
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We recently stayed here just before our trip into the Boundary Waters (out of Ely). This is a beautiful newer hotel. The lobby is very open and pretty. The staff are great. They put our steak in their freezer which we were bringing into the Boundary Waters for our first day after a long day of hiking and canoeing. The free breakfast is filled with an assortment of great items to eat. There is a Perkins restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. Other than that there is not too much nearby if one is walking. This is a beautiful hotel and we would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

While exploring Minnesota's Iron Range we spent a night at this hotel. It was a good choice. Only a few minutes drive from the nearby town of Virginia it was a great base for exploring the region. Shopping and restaurants are also nearby.

This hotel is only 3 years old (in 2012) so everything is nice and clean. It was a bit tricky to find at first as this is a new street that wasn't on our gps... we had to wait until we were close to Virginia and find it by searching "lodging" on our gps (I should have printed off the map!). Now that we know where it is ... it's actually easy to locate!

The room is very quiet for a hotel just off the Highway ... we didn't hear a sound. Well... except for the noisy tree frogs at dusk! However, the front desk woman came and made there weren't any right outside our ground floor room. It didn't matter after all, as they quieted down as night fell.

There was a free continental breakfast but we decided to pass and go next door to the Perkins for a large hot breakfast that would hold us for a day of exploring as we headed south towards Grand Rapids.

Room Tip: You might prefer the 2nd floor if you don't want to hear tree frogs croaking at dusk. But it's not a big deal because they do quiet down.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

From the desk clerk not telling us about the priority club benefits or putting my points on my account to the non welcoming breakfast crew to the gabby, poorly trained maids this was a forgettable experience. Stayed for nearly two weeks maids did not vacuum once. The maids miss items on a daily basis. No tissues in dispenser, no liner in the trash, dust on nightstand. Would it kill the breakfast crew to say good morning? Hospitality nights one drink? Really, Im a platinum club member and your host got upset when i asked about getting another drink.This is a newer hotel but won't stay nice if staff doesn't improve.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hiexpress_10, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Mr. Meyer thank you for taking the time to post your feelings concerning your stay. We do strive to privide the highest levels of service and appreciate it when guests take the time to provide feedback.

I am truly sorry for the problems you encountered. I have reviewed them with my staff and I am confident that they understand the improtance of consistantly high levels of service. I do hope you will stay with us in the future I know we can provide the type of service you expect and deserve.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Continental breakfast was excellent, rooms were very comfortable and clean, nice pool and a very attractive front lobby and front building fasod. It was more expensive than some but if you are looking for a better stay you will like this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The front desk clerk was very friendly and made an effort to make the common area comfortable while I was doing some work on my laptop (the fire did not work but it was in May so I was not surprised/disappointed). The room was clean and comfortable; breakfast was enjoyable as typical for a Holiday Inn Express. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business