“Ok hotel with unfriendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Iron
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2012

From the desk clerk not telling us about the priority club benefits or putting my points on my account to the non welcoming breakfast crew to the gabby, poorly trained maids this was a forgettable experience. Stayed for nearly two weeks maids did not vacuum once. The maids miss items on a daily basis. No tissues in dispenser, no liner in the trash, dust on nightstand. Would it kill the breakfast crew to say good morning? Hospitality nights one drink? Really, Im a platinum club member and your host got upset when i asked about getting another drink.This is a newer hotel but won't stay nice if staff doesn't improve.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hiexpress_10, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Mr. Meyer thank you for taking the time to post your feelings concerning your stay. We do strive to privide the highest levels of service and appreciate it when guests take the time to provide feedback.

I am truly sorry for the problems you encountered. I have reviewed them with my staff and I am confident that they understand the improtance of consistantly high levels of service. I do hope you will stay with us in the future I know we can provide the type of service you expect and deserve.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Continental breakfast was excellent, rooms were very comfortable and clean, nice pool and a very attractive front lobby and front building fasod. It was more expensive than some but if you are looking for a better stay you will like this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The front desk clerk was very friendly and made an effort to make the common area comfortable while I was doing some work on my laptop (the fire did not work but it was in May so I was not surprised/disappointed). The room was clean and comfortable; breakfast was enjoyable as typical for a Holiday Inn Express. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This Holiday Inn doesn't offer any surprises, which is excatly why this is the hotel I chose to stay at when in Northern Minnesota near the tri-cities. The free breakfast offering is more than acceptable, rooms are always clean, gym is decent, and people are friendly. Sometimes the front desk can be a little understaffed, but they are apologetic if you have to wait more than just a couple of minutes.

A good hotel choice in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Used priority club to arrange for some rooms. I used 30,000 points that I had in my account and then purchased 10,0000 points three times to be able to get three rooms in exchange for 60,000 points. Received my credit card statement and was charged for the points and then charged full price for the three rooms. i then spent an entire day on the phone with priority club, the hotel itself, the credit card company and still never resolved the issue. Nobody could explain why my card was charged for the rooms and nobody would take the charges off. All of the points I purchased were non-refundable. I eventually told them to close my account and donate my points to charity. Nobody in priority club or the hotel itself was willing to make things right. I would not recommend Holiday Inn to anyone and they have lost me as a customer forever. Very disappointing. I've stayed in the hotel before and really liked the people.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dave t
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear dave t,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business very much and thank you for your loyalty as our priority club member! We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. Sorry to hear you received service which was less-than-satisfactory. We have sent you a private message to obtain more information.

Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I decided to stay here on business and was not disappointed. The clerk that checked me in was very helpful and friendly, the hotel was clean and the free drinks and snacks were a bonus. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I were traveling to pick up a new puppy and spent the night at the Holiday Express. Very good room and good value--fresh rooms and friendly staff.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Eveleth
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron? Share your experiences!