“Captive Audience in Motley”
Review of Eastwood Inn

Eastwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Motley B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Upon making the initial reservation for 3 nights, I asked the price and the reservationist said "I don't know; he always changes them." When I checked in I asked again and the clerk said $69.00. She DID NOT TELL ME THE PRICE WAS HIGHER for the 2nd and 3rd nights. The so-called bath towels were only slightly bigger than hand towels. lThe breakfast consisted of coffee, juice and boxed donuts. The TV reception was terrible. They certainly have a captive audience in the area and no competition.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter because of the highway noise in front. No elevator so if you don't climb...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank doribeee

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Staying here for work and this place stinks. Literally. Got stuck in a smoking room and it is terrible. Even burying your head in a pillow is like taking a drag. Tried to get a different room, and instead I get a cold reception because the person behind the desk is a smoker and I was offending her because I am not a smoker. Also there is other peoples hair on my towels. And the shower drains so slow. Have you heard about this new thing called hot water? Maybe this hotel could get some. Drive by this place and go anywhere else. I'm gonna sleep in my car!!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ted N
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here one night recently, the rooms were clean ... a bit on the run down side.

Breakfast was included, but would recommend skipping it.

A couple days later, on the way back home we stopped in to see if they had found a phone charger in our room .. without looking in a lost and found of any sort we were told nothing had been found .. when we asked if the room could be checked quickly we were told flat out no.

It is what it is, so take it for what it's worth.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lu_and_deek
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed here in June, 2011 and again in March, 2012. On both occasions, the staff was simply amazing, courteous and helpful. We were treated like family.

The continental breakfast was good, however it would have been nice to have fruit available.

We will definately stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stay at the Eastwood Inn every time we come up from Minneapolis. The hotel is in a small town and you should expect the accommodations to fit the surroundings. This is not a fancy hotel but if you are looking for a clean comfortable place to stay with professional people, this is the place. This hotel surpasses any other hotels/motels within 15 miles around the area. We have stayed several times in the last 5 years, summer and winter, and never had any problems. I guess the last time we stayed the bathroom fan was a little loud but other than that, everything in our room worked fine and the hot tub worked and the pool area was warm and clean. The place needs a little fixing up here and there but overall if you are passing through and need a place to stay for a few nights it is fine. I did not find any off smells like another reviewer says, except chlorine from the pool, and nobody was parked in the carport. The continental breakfast does have an array of stuff. Again, this is not the all-inclusive palace so don't expect that. It is however a clean comfortable stay and I have never had any problems with the front desk people during our multiple stays. I am not a mousy pushover and have expectations of a hotel. But I am also reasonable. The hotel is fine, it works. We will continue to stay at the Eastwood Inn and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: You can ask to look at a room before being assigned one and if there is something you do not like, j...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Short stay here, rooms good sized and clean. Good eats next door. Nothing fancy here. A bit rough around the edges. Breakfast well it was there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Upon first entering the hotel, we were overwhelmed by the stale scent of BO in the foyer and lobby. The staff was friendly enough and check in was fine.

My friend and I chose this hotel because it is dog friendly and nearby to a lake house other friends were staying at. What we didn't realize was that the dog-friendly rooms are also the smoker-friendly rooms, so our room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. After dropping our bags off, the first thing we did was open the window, turn on the fan and go out to find a giant bottle of Febreze. It helped, but the room was beyond consumer-level fixes.

The pool was a nice incentive to leave the room for a little while, although the "hot-tub" was pretty lackluster.

I'm not really sure why anyone would stay in Motley. Closer to Garrison there are plenty of very nice looking lodges close to Mile-de-lac Lake.

Eastwood Inn was not cheap enough to warrant its downsides.

The continental breakfast had a surprising amount of choices, breads, muffins, cereals, juice, etc.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Eastwood Inn? Share your experiences!