“Snall Town Lodging”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Morris
Remington, Indiana
“Snall Town Lodging”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is an older hotel, not quite up to the standards we expect from Choice Hotels, but we did have beds and a short breakfast. Would not want to do it very often.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Super 8 Morris, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for you comments. The hotel was built in 1994 so has been around for awhile. We try our best to keep it maintained and in pleasant working order. Our breakfast will soon be improving with the addition of fresh fruit, frozen waffles, and yogurt. I'm sorry your heating unit did not work but am happy that we were able to move you to a room with a working heater while we repaired the one in your original room. We hope to see you the next time you visit Morris.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Ulm, Minnesota
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The floor in our room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a while (Cheerios on the floor among other things). Heater didn't work. Requested another room. Heater worked in the new room, but floor still not clean.

Housekeeping can make or break a hotel. It didn't make it in this case. A very disappointing stay. (And then there was the meager breakfast.)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank GBinFL
ManagerPamelaL, General Manager at Super 8 Morris, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
We apologize for the messy carpet. I have alerted the head housekeeper to look into this and to be sure it doesn't happen again. We will also check on the heater in your first room. I'm sorry your stay was not satisfactory.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Family Gathering”
One of my cousins had reserved a block of rooms for family members that were coming from all over the U.S. to attend a special family event in Oct. We received a special rate because there were so many of us, which made it especially affordable for me, as I came all the way from Alaska. Before I arrived I called to check the details on my reservation and the front desk staff was patient and knowledgeable in helping me decipher the e-mails regarding my two night reservation.
When I arrived, the room was clean and what I expected for a Super 8. What stands out as exceptional is the customer service at front desk and the housekeeping staff. All requests for assistance were responded to cheerfully and immediately! I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane P
Minnesota
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Good hotel for the money in the middle of no-where. We stay here every year and it is very pleasant. Nice pool clean rooms and friendly service, quick breakfast.

Room Tip: The king size bed rooms have fridges.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I've just returned to Oman after a month's stay at Super 8, and had a very comfortable and pleasant stay. The cleanliness and hygiene were good (there were no ring-around-the tub or stains on the shower curtain), as was the friendly helpfulness of the staff. The house-keeping staff, consisting of locals and UMM students, was pretty much good at their job, and my room was kept clean throughout my stay; they came at times convenient to me, and I had fresh towels and other stuff whether I needed them or not. There were intermittent Internet problems, but the staff tried - successfully most times - to rectify the problem either by themselves or by calling in professionals. I had a non-smoking standard Queens room, and the room was really smoke-free. Plus, it did not smell of pets or mold or anything. Because mine was a long stay, I asked for a refrigerator and microwave on the evening of my arrival, and they were added to my room at an early hour the next morning. The staff - locals and the UMM students - were all very friendly and helpful with information on local stuff, too. The motel, although it had a couple of wedding parties and lots of children during my stay, was not noisy and disturbing - my stay through out was very quiet and relaxing.
The only drawback of this motel is the "Continental breakfast". The breakfast consisted of tea/coffee, apple/orange juice, cereals, bread and a selection of bagels. Advertised as Continental breakfast, I expected at least a banana and boiled eggs. But, as one employee put it, the closest they come to fruits is the packaged jam!
It would also be good if the Super 8 could tie-up with a local car rental to help international travellers, who have a really bad time renting out cars in Morris.
All in all, I had a very good stay at super 8 Morris, and will definitely repeat the experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sanjita2011
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Had to go to Morris on business. Pleasant small town out on the prairie! Super 8 is probably exactly what you would think. Nothing over-the-top. Solid Super 8.
Check-in/check-out: Incredibly friendly desk clerks.
Room: Large. King-size bed. Non-smoking. Refrigerator, coffee-maker and toiletries provided. Interesting that windows didn't really lock (we were on the first floor). Small bathroom.
Extras: free wi-fi. Pool area looked great (didn't use). Breakfast had toast, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee.
TIP: Eat at "Bello Cucina" - great Italian restaurant on the main drag. Closed on Sunday. We went on a Monday night and it was packed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank katgreen
Minnesota
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Apart from the puny, non-lofty pillows of which I could have used about 4 more to equal one good one, it's a perfectly decent motel. The staff seems friendly enough, the breakfast a bit scanty but it's clean, quiet, and the best in town. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Morris? Share your experiences!