“September 2013”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moose Lake
Minneapolis
“September 2013”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great customer service at the front desk; rooms seem expensive for the location (even with a discount); rooms are not sound proof (we could hear conversations and traffic both inside the facility and outside our window).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

2 Thank Cheryl C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the AmericInn in Moose Lake this past August 2013. We had a wonderful room with a Jacuzzi. Unfortunately we did not use the Jacuzzi since the pool was so inviting. The room was very quiet considering there were many children in the lodge at that time. The breakfast served in the morning is more than a simple continental style. That morning you could make your own waffles along with fruits, pastries, yogurts, cereals etc. The staff was very friendly. The location of the hotel is great, easy access to the highways and other restaurants in the area. A very cute town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley B
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for the kind review. We work hard to be certain that each of our guests have a pleasent and comfortable stay. I do hope that the rest of your trip went well. And We look forward to seeing you again soon
Welch, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Room was great, I think it was 224. Fireplace and pull out sofa! So spacious and clean. Also whirlpool tub. Great pizza place that delivered right to the door! I loved our room...two adults and two kids. Breakfast is usual stuff. No complaints. We will stay again in this room.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank LoriB263
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am so please that your stay with us was so enjoyable. This is what we want for all of our guests. I hope that the rest of your vacation proved just as enjoyable and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My son's wedding was held in the area and we stayed here. Staff was very helpful and pleasant, rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfasts were better than anticipated! One of the bridal party lost a rented vest and staff was very helpful in trying to locate it. (It was eventually found at the wedding location.) Staff was even very understanding and helpful after the reception while I was trying to get guests who had had "too much fun" to their rooms. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I look forward to coming back to MN to visit and plan to stay at this AmericInn every chance I get!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
So very happy that my staff and I were able to add to the success of this very special occassion. We certaionly had a good time visiting with you and your guests. And we are still looking for the other lost item. Best wishes to the newly weds and your entire family. We look forwrd to seeing you soon.
Alanca B. GM
Great Northwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice friendly staff, could be cleaner, but it's the only one in town, other than a mom and pop. We went there to hunt agates, as Moose Lake describes itself as an agate capital of the world, yet when you arrive in the tiny town, there is absolutely no visible signs anywhere of anything to do with agates, you'd think you see them everywhere, sort of like fudge! And when I would ask at the motel, the gas station, the restaurant, the locals know next to nothing about agates, one lady at the gas station even told me the pits are closed down. Well, she was right sort of, we went to two of the pits the Chamber of Commerce gave us maps to, and while they may have been pits decades ago, they aren't anymore, agate hunting would be better in Duluth, I think. Other than agates, I can't think of a reason to go to Moose Lake.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vacationpatrol
Hello. Isn''t it something that we don't even havea rock shop? But because of yours and other guests comments and questions about this, I spoke to the Chamber of Commerce . And we are going to see about getting a rock shop set up here in town. Cross your finger that the next time you visit we will indeed have an Agate store.
Alanca
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed here 1 night. It was clean and we used the pool and sauna. Both were nice and warm and we didn't have any issues with too many kids there. The morning breakfast is always good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Very happy to read your comments. This is just what we wish for all our guests. A clean ,comfortable, relaxing stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Alanca
TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was staying at the Americinn in Moose Lake MN on the weekend of may 24th 2013.
We had at least 95% of the hotel for a huge wedding on the 26th of May.
On the 26th we had your MGR, from that hotel knock on some of the rooms saying, "I can not have my room cleaners sitting around waiting for people to leave, you either have to leave for abit or your room just don't get cleaned". WHAT kind of people do your have running these hotels, or at least THAT one, she was VERY rude. Like I said we had at least 95% of all the rooms in that hotel and the price we paid for each room we should NOT have been treated that way. As far as I am concerned she should not even have that position if she has NO ability to run a hotel.
Oh, Her name was Alanca.

#1 of 1 in Barnum
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Finlayson

Been to Days Inn Moose Lake? Share your experiences!