“Moose Lake Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moose Lake
Cherokee, Iowa, United States
“Moose Lake Weekend”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just had a very nice weekend at the Moose Lake AmericInn. The room was clean, comfortable, and looked to be recently updated. There were new flat screen TV's, new curtains, and bedding, and I thought the reception area downstairs was lovely with the grand fireplace and comfy furniture. The kids loved finding the moose items througout the hotel. The staff was very accomadating. We were happy with the breakfast selection in the morning. Our family is fond of the biscuits and gravy. We will come back and stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Alanca B, Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for this very kind review. I am happy that you noticed all of our renovations. I do think the rooms are looking new , clean and fresh. And what a clever idea to make a game of seek and find out of the moose items. we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Alanca Boedigheimer GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Severna Park, MD
Reviewed April 24, 2012

4/17/2012 was a normal chilly day in Moose Lake, MN as spring had already passed the area. Having travelled 1172 miles to visit a Moose Lake business, I was tired and needed a room for a few days. Two motels are in Moose Lake, and after visiting each, choose Americinn for my stay.The clerk, Jamie, I believe was her name was full of joie de vive and took care of my registration in a very friendly but professional manner. As a Minnesota native, having left to to join the Navy in 1954, it was refreshing to see that these Minnesotans were just as friendly as when I left.

The staff was very friendly and courteous, making me feel like I was home and had never left. The morning breakfast was outstanding with varying menu item each day.

Surely, my next trip to Moose Lake will involve a stay at Americinn.

There is a somewhat negative concern and that is that the road entrance should be marked rather than have to guess on which driveway to take.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am thrilled that your stay was so nice. I did get to chance to vist with you a few times myself and my staff and I all agree it was a pleasure to have you with us. I hope all turns out well with your car. And we look forward to seeing you again
Saginaw, Mn
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This isn't our first time at the Moose Lake AmericInn, and we always have a nice stay. The rooms and other facilities are clean and in good condition, and the temperature controls work very well. The breakfast is good and fresh, and the pool area is clean and with no kids after 10:00 pm, it is a pleasant place to relax.
We had the whirlpool room, with a fireplace, very nice!

Room Tip: The whirlpool room with the fireplace was very nice. The hotel is far enough from the highway that n...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
So very happy to hear that our accomadations are consistently pleasent. That is exactly what I want for our guest. To know that they are getting a good quatity, comfortable stay every time.
I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We unexpectedly had an overnight stay here, arriving with no reservations, no clothes, no toiletries, et cetera, on Thanksgiving Day. The front desk staff person that evening was really helpful. She tried to sort out where we could pick up some essentials, made sure we knew what food options were available at the hotel (baked frozen pizza, some snacks, coffee) and at the two places open in the area (both gas stations, but the nearest one with deli offerings). She checked on the Black Friday hours for the little all-purpose store so we could get a few clothes first thing in the morning, and made sure we knew about the onsite laundry facilities (a tough option without anything to wear while they washed, so shopping prevailed). The room was basic, but the beds were comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. The women working the desk the next morning were equally helpful, offering cleaning products to use in our car in the aftermath of our hospital run. The breakfast covered the usual: coffee and other hot beverages, juice, milk, cereal, breads for toasting, eggs, but it was well-stocked. The hotel itself is near the exit from I-35. The standout feature for us was definitely the staff.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
So very happy we were there for you. And very pleased that hear staff made you feel so welcomed and cared for. That is our goal here at the AmericInn of Moose Lake.
Maybe your next stay with us will be less of a personal trail for you. I do hope everything worked out.. And I do hope to see you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My friend and I had tickets for a concert at Black Bear Casino in mid-October but we could not reserve a room at the Black Bear Casino Hotel because they were full. We tried the AmericInn in Moose Lake and they had the type of room we needed (two beds, non-smoking). We were impressed the minute we walked into the lobby. It's decorated in an appealing North Woods style with a huge fireplace. The room was comfortable, clean and very quiet. It's far enough off 35W that there is no freeway noise. The morning breakfast was fine, especially the freshly made waffles! Everyone who worked there was very friendly. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Our room faced east in the direction of the freeway but there was a very large area of prairie plant...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
DiannaModer, Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
I am so happy to see we were able to help you. And thank you for the kind words. I hope your concert was a really good as well.
I hope we see yoe again soon.
Omaha
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to the North shore. It was clean, had a nice breakfast with hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, and juice. The room was comfortable and quiet. They have no elevator but did offer to assist us with our baggage to the second floor. There is a Subway store and gas station next door.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
So very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As the new manager it has taken me a while to catch up with the reviews. But I hope I can meet you on your next visit.
Thank you for your beautiful comments.
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We were stuck in Duluth with no place to stay. We asked at the AmericInn there and they were vert helpful and called their sister hotel in Moose Lake and they happened to have a cancellation. The room was very comfortable even though we could only get a smoking room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
I am really happy that we were there for you and your stay was a good one. That's the way we will try to make all your stays. So come on back when your in the neighborhood.
Thank you.
#1 of 1 in Finlayson
Northwoods Inn
Northwoods Inn
#1 of 1 in Barnum

Been to Days Inn Moose Lake? Share your experiences!