“Great place at an affordable price!”

Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Cass Lake, MN
“Great place at an affordable price!”
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Lodged here several times - always a great experience. This place is clean and the service is second to none. The rooms are large and comfortable and the staff do an excellent job to make your stay enjoyable. There nothing like spending a snowy day in this hot tub during the middle of winter. (been their - done that) The continental breakfast was great! Keep up the good work guys - we'll see you again on our next visit to the Fargo/Moorhead area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, October 22, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience with our hotel. My staff and I take pride in trying to deliver a memorable experience. We also believe that our rates are fair and provide one of the better values around. Thank you again for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Shakopee, Minnesota
Reviewed October 15, 2009

OK, yes it's by the busy tracks - but there are thousands of people like me who love the sound of trains. I've stayed in the Travelodge each spring and fall when I come up for events at MN State Moorhead. It's easy to get to, is close to good shopping and eating, about five minutes from the university and it's always very clean. The staff has always been great.
I learned something new here today in reading other reviews - I did not know that management purposely booked rooms as far away from the tracks as vacancies would allow. In the future, I will request a room CLOSER to the tracks. To me, this has been the best value of any places I've visited in the Fargo/Moorhead area. Train fans - I kid you not. This is the place! Tracks close by, but no crossings. Trains are fun, train horns are not.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. You are not alone. We have many guests that stay with us who enjoy the trains. I especially love it when small children get excited telling us about the trains they saw while in their room!

Although you are not alone, we still have many guests who would like to be a little further from the tracks, so we start by occupying our rooms furthest away. As you suggested, if you are a lover of trains, you should definitely let us know and we can usually get you as close to the tracks as you like.
I am glad you enjoy your visits and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2009

This place is much better than one would think at first. The train tracks behind the place are not as bad as one might think. the trains stopped at 10pm till 7am and during the day they are not that loud either. the building was build very sound proof. The rooms are big and nice. the pool and whirlpool are great . the wirlpool has the best jets that have have felt in a long time. the breakfast is very nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful and if ther is a delay in gettig their attention, it is because they are actually working. a lot of places the staff just sit around but not this place. it seemed they were always cleaning. GREAT JOB. We will go back here on our next visit to FARGO-MOORHEAD.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at our hotel. I am very happy to see that you liked our pool and whirlpool. Our staff takes tremendous pride in provding excellent customer service and I will make sure that they see your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Fargo/Moorhead area.
Montana
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Trains were definitely an issue on our stay since we faced the tracks. Check your room location prior to settling in. Breakfast serving area was small and hard to maneuver with more than a few bodies. The desk ;person was also hard to track down for various things.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to send a review about your experience. I always appreciate suggestions for ways to improve our hotel. I am sure you would appreciate knowing that this past week we have removed the table that was situated in our breakfast serving area. It is through comments such as yours that we decided to relocate the table and give the serving area additional space. We felt that this was a better option than to eliminate our do-it-yourself waffles, hard boiled eggs or the variety of Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and coffee cakes on our breakfast.

I apologize for the inconvenience of the trains. As you can guess, we unfortunately cannot control their schedule and some nights the traffic is heavier than others. We try to situate our guests as far away from the tracks as possible, but sometimes due to room types or occupancy levels we are left with no other choice. If you know you are a light sleeper, may I suggest asking for a King Suite room? All the rooms of this type are located about 2/3 of the way down the hall opposite the trains. Also, many of our guests have found that running the fan on our A/C units will create a white noise for them and they will not even hear the trains.
I would like to thank you for choosing Travelodge and I hope you will try us again when you are in the area.
minneapolis
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I just love staying at the hotel when I am in Fargo. It is a nice clean hotel and the clerks at the desk are just fantastic. They are always courteous and helpful. The rooms are larger than the normal hotel room and they are always clean. The location is good and close to the colleges and many different restaurants. I definitely recommend. Prices are also reasonable!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, July 14, 2009
Thank you for the nice review. The staff and I try hard to provide clean and comfortable lodging and memorable service to all our guests. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Fargo/Moorhead area.
Norway
Reviewed April 19, 2009

The hotel is great and good value. It has a swimmingpool. The breakfast is avarage and traditionale American. It would bee better with bread and yoghurt, but many of American do not have these things for breakfast.
Some noice from the trains, but it does not bother me.
It has some nice resturante nearby, like Perkins and a great Steakhouse.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, June 10, 2009
Thank you for your review. The Travelodge & Suites of Moorhead appreciates having had the opportunity to provide you with an enjoyable experience. Although our breakfast is still probably considered continental, we have have upgraded it to include waffles, hard boiled eggs, Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and coffee cake, Folger's coffee and Minute Maid orange juice.

Northern Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Fabulous!! We were going to my son's wedding in Moorhead,MN . Needless to say when you have 6 rooms reserved, juggling many family members and a hundred to do lists, the stress level is fairly high. Staying here dropped my stress level by a bunch. The staff was nothing short of amazing!!!! The accomadations were very nice. We also got a continental breakfast each day and a great rate on the rooms. I have to say that overall our stay was great. We will stay again if we are over there for other things. I recommend it highly!!!

• Liked — The staff!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Staybridge Suites Fargo
Scandia Hotel
Scandia Hotel
#39 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead? Share your experiences!