“Tire place next door shines light into room”

Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Ok place to stay for a business trip. Nice big TVs in the room. Free wi fi and free continental breakfast. Close to a lot of restaurants and main road.

My biggest complaint was the tire place next door. It has a really bright light that shines into the rooms on that side of the hotel. The curtains don't shut all the way, so it got pretty annoying. Luckily I had my steel toe boots and used them to weight down the curtains and hold them shut.

The keys were really weak or something too. They kept failing on me and I had to get new ones.

Also, the hotel charges you a buck for a room safe charge, but you can get it removed if you want. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but our expense report won't go through correctly if its on there. So it's kind of a nuisance for me.

The room itself was comfortable enough. Ok sized bathroom, good sized room.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you liked our new televisions and the HD programming we provide with them. I am also happy to see you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast.
I am sorry to hear about your drapes. Since your review, I have had my Head Housekeeper go through all the rooms to make sure all our drapes are closing properly. We did find a couple of drapes that, although they were closed at the top, would slightly open towards the middle and bottom of the drapes. I assume this is what you encountered. We were able to fix this by moving the drapery hook a little higher in the back, which would raise the drape a little towards the middle.
Again, I thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Fargo/Moorhead area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked two rooms through Hotwire and when we (2 adults and 6 kids) got to the hotel we only got two rooms with a king size bed in each room. I don't know if this was the hotels mistake or Hotwires. BUT I got very upset when we were told that there was no more rooms available! The girl that helped me was very nice and even tried to switch some other guests around. She ended up finding us a cot (for free). I felt like she went out of her way to try and help us out and she was very understanding. We made it work. The rooms were very clean, beds were pretty comfortable for hotel rooms. Pretty nice selection for breakfast. Over all we were pretty happy with our stay. I would stay here again but would double check with them before we got there to make sure we got the correct rooms booked.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the ice machine!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to see that we did our best to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable I will try and explain how the Hotwire reservation process works. In order for Hotwire to receive the lowest possible rates, they book the lowest priced room available at the time of making this reservation. They do not guarantee number of beds or smoking preferences. Their only guarantee is that the room will sleep two. (That could be any room with at least one double bed) Unfortuately, it appears the lowest rate at our hotel on the night you stayed was a room with one king bed, so that is what they booked. If you look at their terms, you will find that the number of beds is only a request. We try hard to fill all our requests, but as our clerk told you, we did not have other rooms available. I hope this explains a little better what happened and I would encourage you to book directly with us in the future to assure that you receive the accommodations you need.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 13, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had to call the front desk after we settled in, turned down the bed and found something brown stuck to the comforter. Not sure what it was...but gross. The front desk clerk brought up new sheets and blankets and changed them herself. The other not-very-nice thing was that the lady stocking the breakfast area was washing tables and handling garbage and food with the same pair of plastic gloves on. She would squirt and wipe tables, dig through the garbage for cups that she rinsed out for some reason, and then bring out pastries and rearrange the food wearing the same gloves. That seemed unsanitary.
We were told we were getting the AAA rate, and even double checked, but this was NOT reflected on the bill anywhere. IT seemed high for the AAA rate. We think the young girl didn't know how to fix it, so she just said, "That's the AAA rate."
I do think the management should have discounted anyway for giving us a room with dirty bed linens. Makes you wonder what actually was cleaned before guests check in.
Everything, except that DID appear clean.

Room Tip: We were told we were only one of 5 check-ins , but the clerk assigned us a room on the same side as...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Allow me to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our desk associate changed your bedding immediately and took care of you. I have also brought this to the attention of our housekeeping staff to make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you for sharing your observations regarding our breakfast attendant. I will do some retraining to make sure we are doing everything with the utmost safety in mind. The reason behind emptying the cups was to reduce the weight of the trash bags with full cups of coffee.

If you would contact me, I would be happy to verify if you did indeed receive the AAA discounted rates. As with most hotels, our rates do fluctuate with occupancy levels.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Fargo/Moorhead area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was very clean, great paint colors in the rooms and a fantastic location. The hotel is very near JL Beers (must be age 21+ at all times), Buffalo Wild Wings (a very large BWW location), Perkins, McDonalds, Walmart, the Moorhead High School and the hockey tournament rinks...and many other establishments.

We booked a suite- which was very roomy. There is no door in between the 'living room' and the bedroom, but they are quite far apart from one another. We had a fridge and a microwave in the room, along with a desk and 2 flat screen TV's (one in each room).

In addition to the nice rooms, there is a wonderful breakfast included. Waffles, bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal and oatmeal were among the choices.

I would certainly book this hotel again! A great place to stay.

P.S. They charge $1 a day for use of the safe. If you do not use it, simply ask to have it taken off when you check out.

Room Tip: The suite is a great value. There are train tracks on one side of the hotel, they did not bother me...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind and very detailed review of the Travelodge & Suties. We find that many of our guests like our location with the many restaurants and shopping options nearby.
I am also glad you were able to enjoy our many amenities including our free breakfast and indoor pool and whirlpool.
Thank you again for your kind words and have a Happy Holiday Season.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had an accessible suite. Very very nice. Our room was quiet except for the people above us on the 2nd night. They had children that were jumping around but after an hour it stopped.

Service was great although I don't like that they charge you $1 a day for the safe and then you have to have it removed when you check out.

We didn't try the breakfast so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for your nice review of the Travelodge & Suites. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you have a Happy Holiday Season and we look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the Fargo/Moorhead area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
#14 of 50 in Fargo
Red Roof Inn Fargo
Red Roof Inn Fargo
#26 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead? Share your experiences!