“Clean and restful”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Clean and restful”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I've stayed at the Travelodge & Suites in Moorhead, MN seven or eight times in the last month for business and I've had a perfect experience there. The front desk folks were nice and the rooms were spotless. The breakfast was also great. Anytime a hotel includes hardboiled eggs I can't complain. I'm an admitted coffee snob so hotel coffee won't do and unfortunately the closet Starbucks is a few miles away, but there's a McD's a couple of hundred feet away if McCafe will do. There are lots of food choices and a Target and Walmart close by as well. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have super high ceilings which is nice. There is a train track right behind the h...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. I am glad you found that McDonalds was able to satisfy your coffee needs. If you walk there for lunch or dinner, I suggest that you stop by the front desk before leaving. Many times McDonalds will drop off coupons for us to distribute. Maybe you could get a free ice cream cone! I am always advocating your advice on room requests. Many of our guests love the trains, but if you are a light sleeper, please ask for a room away from the tracks or you can use the HVAC unit as a white noise machine. Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Fargo/Moorhead area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our family of 5 recently stayed at this hotel on our way home from out west. We found a great deal by booking online well in advance. This hotel exceeded our expectations! The staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was super comfortable and clean, the breakfast choices were plentiful, and the pool/hot tub were amazing! After several days on the road (in just ok lodging), we found this Travelodge to be perfect! Some of the earlier reviews had complaints about the train noises, so we were sure to leave the fan on throughout the night as "white noise." Though it is not directly off the Interstate, the hotel is convenient for shopping and food. However, we chose to order pizza in after seeing the Dominos deal on the key card. Our pizza arrived fresh and hot within 20 minutes. The next time we are traveling through the Fargo/Moorhead area, we will choose the Travelodge.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. My staff works very hard to try and make every guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable. I will definitely share your review with them. It is also good to hear that using the fan as white noise allowed you to sleep comfortably. Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in town.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2011

...read reviews onlilne expected a two and a half star accomidation when the ramada and hoiday in in fargo is a 3 how in the world could anyone rate this hotel 2 and half star clearly ther view of 2 and half star iin fargo is lower than i would expect ,they were reshingling the roof so you had to be carefull to park . they led us to assume gym was on site which it was not .girl at front desk was cold and not very friendly room we had had mold coming thru bathroom floor, pillows were fuffy but not in good way filling was all clumpped together ripped screen television from the 80sand dont get me started on the trains no review said they were a 20 feet away from a train car moving station where they switch
train cars mostly all night and as far as it being close to shopping yes,odds and ends of stores my tip get something closer to big mall west acres in fargo, very disapponted

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

As mentioned in your review, we were having our roof fixed at the beginning of August from previous storm damage. Unfortunately, being a 24/7, 365 day business, there is never a good time to do this. We did try to be proactive and eliminate as much of the inconvenience as possible. We did this by notifying all our guests of the best places to park, if they were planning on leaving their vehicle in our lot during working hours, so they would not have to worry about moving their vehicle or having it damaged. We also had the contractors use a magnet to clean our lot and adjacent areas as much as possible from nails and other materials.

I do understand that we are located close to a railroad track and have offered suggestions to many of our guests who have mentioned the trains in previous reviews. I must state, however, that 20 feet from the switch is quite an exaggeration. From your review, I assume that you will choose to stay at a hotel closer to West Acres for your next visit to the area. There are several good hotels in that area to choose from. However, should you decide to try us again, we feel that our Travelodge definitely provides a quality product at a fair and competitive price.
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My daughter and I were in Moorhead/Fargo area for a college visit. I was very pleased with our stay at the Moorhead Travelodge. The room was large and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were nice and plump! One of the things I hate about staying in hotels is flat uncomfortable pillows, I usually call the front desk and ask for a couple of extras. I didn't need to do that at this Travelodge, there were three nice plump pillows on each bed! The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very nice too. I was quite pleased with the whole experience and will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the Moorhead/Fargo area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind review. My staff and I work hard to provide a clean and comfortable room for all our guests to enjoy. It is especially gratifying to our staff to hear that their hard work has been noticed. We enjoyed having you as a guest and look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Fargo/Moorhead.
Canby, Oregon, USA
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Traveling across the country with my wife and 2 kids, this hotel was clean and the staff was friendly! The pool and hot tub was clean, the room was clean and when we asked for what we needed it was given with a smile. If we find ourselves in this area again this would be the first choice!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and review. I will definitely share your review with my staff. We work hard to provide a clean and friendly environment for our guests and they will appreciate your kind words. Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Did I mention that 5-6 trains came through on a Monday evening? I only woke up once but my son and husband couldn't sleep because of the train traffic. Check a map and you will see how close the train tracks are. Other than our inability to sleep, the hotel is clean, great service, a nice continental breakfast and a good value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that the trains were bothersome on the night that you stayed with us. Unfortunately, we cannot control their schedules and some nights are worse than others. If you should stay with us again, please mention to our desk staff that you would like a room away from the tracks. We will do our best to accommodate you; however, there may be times where we are not able. Might I also suggest that you run the air conditioner on fan? This may act as a white noise and help you sleep better.

I was glad to hear the remainder of your stay was good. We work hard to provide our guests with a clean comfortable room. We look forward to having you as a guest of the Travelodge on your next visit to Fargo/Moorhead.
MN
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I booked a suite not sure what to expect having never stayed at a Travelodge before. I was seriously impressed with the condition of the room. The decor was up to date and stylish. Although no flat panel tvs in the suite it did have a tv in the sitting area by the pull out sofa and a larger one in the bedroom area. Room was very clean, excellent job with the housekeeping.
Continental breakfast was good and the food was fresh. The even had two waffle makers with batter in individual cups. You put the batter in and turn it over to start the timer. Never seen one of these as an option and thought it was great. Other options were cold cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, english muffins, coffee/tea, and apple or orange juice.
Like others mentioned I could hear the trains on occasion but for the most part I slept soundly. Bed was adequate but not as comfortable as I normally prefer. Probably the biggest thing were the walls, floor, and ceilings weren't sound proofed enough during construction. The noise from neighbors was louder than noises coming from outside.
All in all I had a nice stay and would consider staying there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Travelodge regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear you like our breakfast. We have added many items over the past couple of years including the yogurt, coffee cake and hard boiled eggs. We have also switched many of our items to name brands that you will recognize and add quality.

We have not yet added flat screen televisions to all our rooms. At this point, we have only added them to our rooms with one king sized beds and are adding them as needed to our other rooms. We hope to be able to have them in all the rooms by the end of next year, but this year we are looking to put new draperies into all our rooms, which we think will also add to the décor of the room.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again when you visit the Fargo/Moorhead area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Days Inn Fargo
Days Inn Fargo
#11 of 50 in Fargo
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fargo

Been to Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead? Share your experiences!