“A good nights stay at a good price”

Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Northfield, Minnesota
“A good nights stay at a good price”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My daughter and I were in Moorhead/Fargo area for a college visit. I was very pleased with our stay at the Moorhead Travelodge. The room was large and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were nice and plump! One of the things I hate about staying in hotels is flat uncomfortable pillows, I usually call the front desk and ask for a couple of extras. I didn't need to do that at this Travelodge, there were three nice plump pillows on each bed! The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very nice too. I was quite pleased with the whole experience and will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the Moorhead/Fargo area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind review. My staff and I work hard to provide a clean and comfortable room for all our guests to enjoy. It is especially gratifying to our staff to hear that their hard work has been noticed. We enjoyed having you as a guest and look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Fargo/Moorhead.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canby, Oregon, USA
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Traveling across the country with my wife and 2 kids, this hotel was clean and the staff was friendly! The pool and hot tub was clean, the room was clean and when we asked for what we needed it was given with a smile. If we find ourselves in this area again this would be the first choice!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and review. I will definitely share your review with my staff. We work hard to provide a clean and friendly environment for our guests and they will appreciate your kind words. Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Did I mention that 5-6 trains came through on a Monday evening? I only woke up once but my son and husband couldn't sleep because of the train traffic. Check a map and you will see how close the train tracks are. Other than our inability to sleep, the hotel is clean, great service, a nice continental breakfast and a good value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that the trains were bothersome on the night that you stayed with us. Unfortunately, we cannot control their schedules and some nights are worse than others. If you should stay with us again, please mention to our desk staff that you would like a room away from the tracks. We will do our best to accommodate you; however, there may be times where we are not able. Might I also suggest that you run the air conditioner on fan? This may act as a white noise and help you sleep better.

I was glad to hear the remainder of your stay was good. We work hard to provide our guests with a clean comfortable room. We look forward to having you as a guest of the Travelodge on your next visit to Fargo/Moorhead.
MN
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I booked a suite not sure what to expect having never stayed at a Travelodge before. I was seriously impressed with the condition of the room. The decor was up to date and stylish. Although no flat panel tvs in the suite it did have a tv in the sitting area by the pull out sofa and a larger one in the bedroom area. Room was very clean, excellent job with the housekeeping.
Continental breakfast was good and the food was fresh. The even had two waffle makers with batter in individual cups. You put the batter in and turn it over to start the timer. Never seen one of these as an option and thought it was great. Other options were cold cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, english muffins, coffee/tea, and apple or orange juice.
Like others mentioned I could hear the trains on occasion but for the most part I slept soundly. Bed was adequate but not as comfortable as I normally prefer. Probably the biggest thing were the walls, floor, and ceilings weren't sound proofed enough during construction. The noise from neighbors was louder than noises coming from outside.
All in all I had a nice stay and would consider staying there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Travelodge regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear you like our breakfast. We have added many items over the past couple of years including the yogurt, coffee cake and hard boiled eggs. We have also switched many of our items to name brands that you will recognize and add quality.

We have not yet added flat screen televisions to all our rooms. At this point, we have only added them to our rooms with one king sized beds and are adding them as needed to our other rooms. We hope to be able to have them in all the rooms by the end of next year, but this year we are looking to put new draperies into all our rooms, which we think will also add to the décor of the room.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again when you visit the Fargo/Moorhead area.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2011

When my bosses first put me up at the Travelodge, I was a little hesitant. The hotel far exceded what I expected. The staff was extremely friendly, it was clean and had all the amenities I was looking for. It had a large pool for the size of the property and it had a nice breakfast. Although it did not have an excercise room, they had complimentary access to a 24 hour gym down the road. It was great because hotels usually dont have any weights! I will definitely be staying here again, even if my company does not book my rooms.

Room Tip: Great for a business traveler
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of the Travelodge & Suites. My staff and I always try to exceed the expectations of our guests and we are happy we accomplished this for you. You are not alone in appreciating our access to Anytime Fitness. We have many guests who like being able to continue their normal workouts while they are on the road. Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
North Dakota
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The best part is we got a very good price on a two room suite through a radio shopping show. We were traveling with our grandson and the pullout bed in the second room worked well for him. The pool was enjoyable, although litered with used pool towels. We stayed two nights.

The first night was very noisy. We knew about the trains and figured that we would be OK with that--which we were. We were not OK with the trucks, however. Large gravel trucks parked right up against the building car style. One was literally ten feet from our bed. They started these trucks at 6:45 a.m. and let them idle for 45 minutes. Our plans of sleeping in vanished.

The bathroom was another problem. It was quite small, so that the door opened flush up against the tub. When the door was closed it became evident that the maids cleaned with the door open and never checked in back of it. The base of the tub had some gunck built up, with a couple of hairs (the curly variety) thrown in. On the second day the crude and the hairs were still there. It was a turn off and made us wonder about the rest of the room.

The bed was clean and passed the bed bug inspection, but was hard and not very comfortable.

Finally, it is a 20 mile round trip to West Acres, so the high price of gas will hurt you if you plan on traveling back and forth to Fargo.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Travelodge during your recent stay with us. We are happy you were able to find one of our radio auction certificates. We do this with a few radio stations and it allows us to do some radio advertising on a small advertising budget. It also is a win/win situation for everybody: us, the radio stations and our guests.

We do apologize for the noise of the trucks in the morning. This is not a usual situation; however, we had several trucks that were in our parking lot during your stay. Usually we ask them to park on the outside of the lot, however, we had too many at the time to allow this. As you know, we had major flooding this spring in Fargo/Moorhead and the trucks belonged to a crew hired by the city of Moorhead to help with sandbagging. We again apologize for the noise, but assure you that it is not a normal occurrence at our facility.

Also, thank you for bringing your bathroom experience to my attention. I have brought your concerns to the attention of my head housekeeper and the housekeeping staff. You should find our cleanliness more to your expectations during your next visit.

Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We have stayed a this Travelodge many times when we visit our daughter at MSUM. It is conveniently located just minutes from the school. I think it is the closest hotel. We have always found the staff to be very friendly. The hotel is always clean and the rooms are larger than the normal hotel rooms. They have a nice breakfast and this last time we stayed they even added yogurt. I really appreciated that. They also have a pool that is much larger than most of the hotels we have stayed at their size. If you are going to Fargo or Moorhead, I would recommend you stay at the Travelodge.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the Travelodge & Suites of Fargo/Moorhead. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to try and make every guest's stay enjoyable and memorable. Yes, we are the closest hotel to MSUM and are also close to both Concordia College and NDSU. We also provide discounts to family and friends visiting the colleges or students at the college, just make sure to mention that when making your reservations.
I am happy to see that you like the addition of yogurt to our breakfast menu. We are always trying to find new ways to improve our hotel and this happens to be one of the latest additions.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to MSUM!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Days Inn Fargo
Days Inn Fargo
#14 of 50 in Fargo
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo

Been to Travelodge and Suites Fargo/Moorhead? Share your experiences!