“Bad toilet seat”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
?
“Bad toilet seat”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel personal were very friendly. The outside looked a bit run down. Their booking for us showed we wanted a queen no smoking, but we had requested a smoking room. That room was quite nice. The room we got moved to had a broken toilet seat. Very uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Diane S

canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and great motel location! I have stayed at this location several times. I am a regular business traveller and pretty loyal to Grand Inn. I highly recommend this Motel for all travelers looking to save money on their trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank samsmith1956
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 8, 2012

one of the cheap and great place to stay..... i stayed there for 3 nights and i liked the friendly staff and rooms were pretty good too....new carpet ...clean room ...i would love to stay there in my next vist to F/M are.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thomasmary
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Its dirty. How can a maid miss a dirty needle in a med cabnet. 2 days in a row! Wish I would have know cabnet was there! Now my sons been to er all night and after they called the owner he said no refund! So now I'm sleeping in my van. belive every bad thing u read about them!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank mike121979

Travelers are raving about these Moorhead hotels

Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Do not stay at this motel. It is definately sub-par. The sign on the front door "Do not flick your cig butts on the ground" pretty much sets the stage for what you get. We made a reservation through Orbitz for a non-smoking room with a refrigerator. What I got was a room smelling of stale smoke and pet.

There was no one at the front desk. The room had no chain, no frig and one of those creepy connecting doors to the next room. This was make worse by the obvious fact that this hotel is part of the local social services family housing program. Unattended childern wandering the lobby in diapers.

After asking for 3 days to get a chain put on the door and a frig, I started making phone calls. The phone number on the door said that Hotel 75 (?) was licensed by the City of Moorhead. I called that number only to find out that Clay County took over licensing in Aug 2011. I called Clay County to have the inspector tell me he could not take a complaint because there is not a requirement for chains in Minnesota. I then called the Minnesota Department of Health. They were so helpful. They understood why I was frusterated and upset.

After making those phone calls my frig magically showed up and I got a door chain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeanene M
Boston
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at the Grand Inn for one night in Moorhead on a road trip. Easy to get to off the highway, very inexpensive. Room smelled awful. It reeked of body odor. The person behind the counter typed my credit card # into the computer AND swiped it through a machine. Next morning, I had $700+ charges on my account at online retailers. Had to cancel card.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank S P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I am doing a road trip from Toronto to Calgary on a budget. I realize you get what you pay for but this place should be shut down by health and safety. Walking down the halls you could smell rooms that I hope were condemned because the smell of mouldy wet basement was enough to make me puke. I walked into my room and the first thing I saw was a trail of white bodily fluid from the bed to the bathroom. Use your imagination to figure out what went on there. The chair looked like someone was murdered in it. An attempt to wash the blood stain from it didn't make me feel any better. Bedding was clean but it did little at this point. After driving for 9+ hours all I wanted was a hot shower. I took one look at then mould and mildew in the tub and said forget it. I put towels down to cover the mysterious whiteness on the carpet and slept in my clothes with a towel over my pillow hoping to god the bed bugs didn't bite.

Sweet Dreams!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Peelatus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#49 of 50 in Fargo
Staybridge Suites Fargo
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo
Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center

Been to Grand Inn? Share your experiences!