“Clean, modern facility near the interstate”

Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Moorhead
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Easter weekend 2013. We got a great price on our room through Priceline---if you can prepay and accept a noncancellation policy, you can save about $30 a night by booking there.

At check-in, I asked for a quiet room. We were given a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the interstate and the elevator. The room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. The hotel is next to a nice residential neighborhood, where I enjoyed going for a run during our stay. Also, it is across the street from a major grocery store.

My biggest complaint is that the room we were given was next to the stairwell, which apparently is not well insulated. As I tried to fall asleep, it sounded like a herd of elephants were pounding in the hallway. We later figured out this was people coming up and down the stairs. This continued past midnight, so I did not sleep as well as I would have liked.

Another downside is that the room did not have a microwave, which we often use in hotels to make popcorn.

This hotel does not offer any complimentary breakfast, but there is food available for purchase at a mini-cafe of sorts in the lobby. We chose to buy breakfast food at the supermarket, then bought coffee in the lobby and enjoyed our breakfast at one of the many tables available for eating, meetings, games, etc. The lobby is very nice and even has a Wii and board games you can use. The pool area was packed with kids who appeared to be having lots of fun.

We would stay here again, but I would ask for a room away from the stairwell next time.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask for a room away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry K, General Manager at Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hi 30StatesCounting,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our team works very hard to satisfy our guests with great service and a clean hotel. I’m happy you recognized this and I will be sharing this with the team.

I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Fargo-Moorhead. Please remember that we do have microwaves available upon request. I apologize that we did not inform you of this upon your arrival. Also, good luck on your visits to 20 more states??? That sounds like a lot of fun!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had the lovely pleasure of staying at the Courtyard Marriott Moorhead on March 24/2013.
This was our first time staying at a Marriott.
We were really pleased with it! It started us on a path of looking for a Marriott at all of the remaining stops of our spring break holiday.
The hotel was modern and well designed. It was spic and span clean. We had a quaint view overlooking the courtyard which made it feet as though we were a lot further away then Moorhead, Minnesota.

The staff did an excellent job of meeting my request to have a feather-free hypoallergenic room.
I did not have any issues with allergy/asthma while sleeping here.
*This level of Marriott seems to typically have cotton duvet/sheets with 2 foam and 2 feather pillows on each bed.
Although I did not have issues this time, I would personally prefer to see hotels such as this one offer a completely permanent feather free room as the feathers still may remain in a room when simply removing the pillows before the guest arrives. (It gets into the mattress, carpets etc.)
The pool was excellent, clean and tropical feeling. The temperature was perfect: Just warm enough that my son and I could get right in the water and enjoy the pool toys etc. *One note: on the website it does show a basketball hoop. My son was looking forward to this, however, upon arrival there was not one to be found. It would have been a lovely touch to the kids pool side play area.
The lobby is well done with a computer station, wii, games available and a sitting area.
The all day free coffee is advertised as Starbucks, although it did not taste as such.

We cannot comment on the breakfast other than to say that we did miss out on breakfast. We checked in late and after sleeping in a little, were disappointed to find out breakfast had ended fairly early at 9:30.

All in all , I think we have found a new favorite hotel in the Fargo/Moorhead area.
Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Barry K, General Manager at Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Hi Daisy K,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I will be sure to pass these along to our team to recognize them for the great service and the cleanliness. We take great pride in those!

Also, I’m terribly sorry about the basketball hoop. It had been broken and is temporarily out for repair. We should have that up for your next visit.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My 2 kids and I stayed here on our way from Winnipeg to Minneapolis, and then again on our way back. The main reason I booked here was because of the pools. There is a shallow wading pool with a couple of small slides, as well as the regular pool. There were also a ton of pool noodles and inflatable balls for us to play with, which was very nice for the kids. There is also a hot tub, and it was the perfect temperature.

I was really surprised when I walked into the hotel, the lobby area is beautiful, and very large. On our second stay there were many people sitting in the lobby enjoying a drink/coffee/snack from the bistro, playing board games or cards.

We stayed in a king room with a pull out couch both times, and the rooms are spacious and very nice. Everything looked modern and clean. Yes, it could be a bit noisy, especially the first night when our room was right by the pool, but I guess I kind of expect to be able to hear other people walking around and talking when I stay at a hotel. I was able to fall asleep just fine, and it wasn't so noisy that it woke me up.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for the great pools geared towards kids. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This hotel offers nice little touches like Easter candy for the kids the day before Easter, and an X-box and Wii in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Barry K, General Manager at Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hi Susan M,

I’m very glad you enjoyed our hotel. I’m especially glad your kids had a great time in the pool! We try to make it much more fun by adding things such as beach balls, pool noodles etc. We try to help the kids have fun, so the parents can also relax a little more. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just spent a long weekend at the Marriot Courtyard. It was our first experience staying at a Marriott Hotel and it definitely lived up to Marriott's advertised expectations. The hotel appears brand-new with great interior design and layouts. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite which afforded lots of space for a family with older kids. Although the sofa-beds could use better mattresses. The service was excellent with friendly staff eager to help with any request and the hotel is spotless. The pool area is well-attended to unlike alot of other hotels. Booking online really easy. Will definintely return.

Hi Dakota1023,

Thanks so much for your kind words! Marriott has lofty expectations in all of its hotels and I am very pleased we were able to live up to those. I’m also glad you noticed the team’s service as well as our cleanliness as our team takes great pride in that. In fact, we rank in the top 5% of all Courtyard’s in North America for those categories. See you soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard recently for a hockey tournament. Overall, I was very happy with everything. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The hotel was packed with 9 and 10 yr. old boys for the hockey tournament, and the staff took it all in stride. Our room was clean and nicely appointed. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The pool area is nice and the work out room had all new equipment. I also especially liked the bistro cafe. My son had a kids burger, fries and milk for $4.50, a lot of food for a decent price. Breakfast is not included but they do have good menu choices available for extra $$.The only negative I found was the smell of the cleaning solution they use to mop the entryway and hallway floors. It smelled foul until the floors were dry. And I only smelled it when I walked by as they mopped the floor. Other than that,everything was great! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Barry K, General Manager at Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hi MNtraveler 57,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. We very much value all of your feedback.

We are a hotel who loves hockey teams. After the renovation and the opening of our public space it has really allowed our guests plenty of space to gather as large groups. Often time’s teams have to gather in rooms which can tend to disturb other guests. Thanks fully, our space helps prevent that.

We hope to see you and your family/team again next season.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked our stay online and that process was extremely simple. When we checked in, everything was ready to go; the individual at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We stayed here about 4 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed our stay which was our main reason for choosing it again. It is usually a little on the pricey side for Moorhead, however, this time I thought they were very much in line with prices in the area. The decor is very modern and fun, the colors are very cheerful and pleasant. The bed was very comfortable and we slept great. My only complaints are quite minimal: I happen to be someone who likes a microwave in the room and our room did not have one. It had a fridge which was great, but I have become quite accustomed to a microwave in the room so I found it a bit of a nuisance to be without one. Also, there is definitely a bit of a noise problem. You can clearly hear people when they are talking in the hall. In the middle of the night, someone in the room next to me obviously decided to take a shower or something and as I'm a fairly light sleeper I was woken up when the water was turned on as it can clearly be heard in the pipes. Overall, though, it was a very pleasant stay. We had a whirlpool room this time (at my request) and it was very clean and nice. A bit tricky to get in and out of, but still very enjoyable. We had a room that opened into the courtyard, however, due to the fact that we visited in March, the courtyard was full of snow so we were unable to enjoy that. I'm sure that in the spring, summer, and autumn months it would be very nice to step outside for a quick breath of fresh air. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Blake S
Barry K, General Manager at Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hi Blake S,

Thank you so much for your guest review. I’m happy to hear that you chose to stay with us again. I’m also happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

I do hope you get a chance to visit us in the future during a warmer time. The Courtyard area in the summer months is beautiful and our guests absolutely love the atmosphere and games that are provided. Also, please remember the next time that we do have microwaves available upon guest request. I’m sorry we did not mention that to you at your arrival.

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This our second stay and again we've enjoyed it. This is a weekend getaway for us so we want to be able to relax and feel at home. Pricing might be slightly high but overall service, accomodation and relaxation is good. Its a good family hotel so you need to be prepared for some extra children and unlike many hotels today, breakfast is not included.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mvtravel
Barry K, General Manager at Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hi mvtravel,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Fargo-Moorhead. I’m very happy to hear that this is your second stay with us and that you have enjoyed your time with us. We value each and every one of our guests and hope to see you again in the future.

Barry Kuhnke

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Radisson Hotel Fargo
Radisson Hotel Fargo
#19 of 50 in Fargo
Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo
Staybridge Suites Fargo
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fargo

Been to Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN? Share your experiences!