“Expensive!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have only been here once and had the most expensive egg sandwich in my life. Ok the sandwich was one slice of toasted bread, lettuce, provolone (which was forgot) and one poached egg. Really not worth the price!!!

2  Thank 70,158,104

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Restaurant was very busy (full). We didn't have a reservation, just dropped in, spur of the moment. They went out of their way to accommodate us. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food is really great the owner iss very engaging and friendly the little bruchetta bread are to die for yummy

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Good food and fun place to grab a drink and hang out with friends. A little pricey but it gives you that downtown in a big city atmosphere

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The food at John Alexander's is excellent and the service is good. It appears they have raised their prices dramatically in the last few months, however. I selected this restaurant for a family dinner expecting that there would be some mid-range options. That did not turn out to be the case. The biggest issue I have, however, is that they automatically added a 20% gratuity to our bill. There are two issues with that- first, our party was 6, not the 8 that usually triggers an automatic gratuity. More importantly, they added 20%, rather than the 15% that seems more reasonable. I understand it was printed on the menu, but did not notice that prior to ordering. That was my mistake. The service was good, but nothing at the level that would merit 20%. In my mind, that service should be exceptional. The service was good, but not exceptional. To add 20% on, especially at John Alexander's prices, is too much. I will not go back with any group over 4, and even that is doubtful at their new prices. If you don't have an issue with their prices or their tipping policy, then go for it. I felt taken advantage of and will take my business elsewhere.

6  Thank Karn J