“Fun place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Good food and fun place to grab a drink and hang out with friends. A little pricey but it gives you that downtown in a big city atmosphere

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The food at John Alexander's is excellent and the service is good. It appears they have raised their prices dramatically in the last few months, however. I selected this restaurant for a family dinner expecting that there would be some mid-range options. That did not turn out to be the case. The biggest issue I have, however, is that they automatically added a 20% gratuity to our bill. There are two issues with that- first, our party was 6, not the 8 that usually triggers an automatic gratuity. More importantly, they added 20%, rather than the 15% that seems more reasonable. I understand it was printed on the menu, but did not notice that prior to ordering. That was my mistake. The service was good, but nothing at the level that would merit 20%. In my mind, that service should be exceptional. The service was good, but not exceptional. To add 20% on, especially at John Alexander's prices, is too much. I will not go back with any group over 4, and even that is doubtful at their new prices. If you don't have an issue with their prices or their tipping policy, then go for it. I felt taken advantage of and will take my business elsewhere.

6  Thank Karn J
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wonderful food, great atmosphere, and exceptional service. This one of my favorite places in the area, whether it be for lunch or dinner.The extensive menu is a wonderful mix of salads, sandwiches, and fine dinning choices. Excellent martinis! Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Despite the road construction, this little gem is alive and well! Love JA's! We like to sit at the window and see what's going on. The food is very good and reasonably priced. Good drinks and atmosphere galore!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

When I went they had a special that was outstanding, in fact it was sooo good I went back the next day and requested any leftovers.