“A tasty meal for travellers”

Chatter's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Monticello
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were looking for supper before we headed into Minneapolis for an evening event. We were recommended to this place by a local resident so we figured we'd try it. The food was tasty with nice size portions for the money. The serving staff was very friendly. We would eat there again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'm easy to please, especially just going out for a couple of beers but I do ask for just the most basic level of customer service and did not receive it tonight. The bar was not busy at all yet nobody seemed interrested in serving us, asking us if we wanted another round or even bringing us the check (at first it seemed they wanted us out so they could close but we had our cc's on the table for a while before I finally brought them up to the bar to pay the tab). Basically it seemed like a place that was looking to close (for good, not just for the night).

1  Thank Mayzinger
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had excellent service. The food was very good. Had BBQ brisket, chicken and ribs. Had the 3 BBQ and the favorite was the whiskey. It tasted a lot like my own at home I make. The Mac n Cheese was yummy. I do not normally like mac n cheese but this one I loved. Had the 3 cheese mushroom appetizer and they were delicious. The price was a little high. Will visit again when in the town.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Waitresses were rude. Atmosphere was trashy and littered with drunks. Restaurant looked dirty and food was pricey and greasy. Avoid.

1  Thank Mikem1430
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Heard they changed the menu, and they did. Food was good and service was fine, service was never the problem. I think its the owner, he's ..... Ribs, chicken and brisket were good and sauces were great. The mac and chees burger was really good and different. It is nice to see a local place FINALLY turn out good.

Worth another try.