“Not a good option. Skip this hotel.”

Days Inn Monticello
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Dual lamp between the beds did not work--cord was sliced. No idea why. Called the front desk and they said to leave it outside the room. Beds were newer, but the furnishings were pathetic, and rank among the worst I've stayed in since college. At breakfast, there were two loaves of bread, both outdated, and guests were asked to share a jar of peanut butter. We went to McDonald's. This was the last day of our vacation and I was hoping for something very nice and this was just so very awful. Really, really disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Menkatope
DIManchester, Manager at Days Inn Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Thank you for sharing experiences at our hotel. We have addressed the smoke issue and revised our procedures. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

When problems or issues are reported during the stay, we make sure that a fix is provided right away. However, it is hard to fix problems when they are addressed after a guest stay. The sooner we are notified the faster we can address and find resolutions.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Andy Patel

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I personally recommend this hotel with comfortable rooms with good price.highspeed internet with strong signal.very friendly,helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed at daysinn/Monticello.My stay was good,I found very reasonable rate and very clean hotel just off of I 94. Staff was good helping me all the times.Internet connection was good. Continental breakfast is good . I recommend this hotel to any one with bestprice/clean room.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Johnson64
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I was charged $200 without my knowledge which I discovered a month later while reviewing my credit card statement. When contacted, the owner gave me and my wife conflicting explanations. He also told me that he did not have my phone number, although his wife called me to confirm the rates. Internet does not work in many rooms. Front desk person is not present there at times when you need them. Side walks are shoveled. Cookies are served for breakfast. The refrigerator make noice and disturbes sleep. the owners wife is not a friendly lady and does not know how to add frequent flyer's points. The hotel is bring bad name to "DAYS INN".

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank MasihMinnesota
Reviewed October 19, 2007

I am utterly perplexed that a couple of other travelers have given positive reviews of their stay at the Days Inn in Monticello, MN.
Not only was the hotel in shambles, dirty, and SMELLY - but the hotel staff was indispicable!

I had an issue with being overcharged and not a manager insight to help with the problem. As an avid business traveler, I have styaed at numerous Days Inn hotels and was shocked at the terrible accomodations and management at this particular establishment. I called Days Inn corporate to make a formal complaint.

My strong reccomendation it to AVOID this hotel at all costs. There are a couple of hotels right across the street that are much better options.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank Minneapolis_MNJanieP
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I enjoyed my stay at Days Inn, Monticello, Rooms were nice, clean and quite. Wireless internet was free and faster with good signals. I could complete my project work in the Room (using Computer), nice work table. Bed sheet were fresh washed with good smell. The continental breakfast was excellent. We will definitely stay and recommend others to stay there as well. 75 TV Channels with Free HBO. Landscaping was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2007

Everything HueyT says was true except I had to point my computer out the window to get wireless from the hotel across the street. I suspect every other lodging option in Monticello is better than this one.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business