“Good price and worth the stay””

Days Inn Monticello
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Good price and worth the stay” “ We stayed for 2 nights at the end of dec, the place was packed with people. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, and , free wi-fi, and free breakfast which was a plus. The room we had was very clean, and looked like they just redid the bathroom and carpet.
The area isnt bad at all, walking distance to food and stuff, and Room had microwave, fridge, tea/coffee maker & there was an ice machine on nearby landing.thank you staff of days inn......... From our family

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is a less-than-average Days Inn. One of our booked rooms smelled awful, so we had to switch rooms. The day clerk was very nice to show us a few rooms and let us pick one to switch to. However, later that night, the day clerk obviously hadn't told the night clerk which rooms we were using because people tried to get into my room. They need to communicate more with each other about which rooms are occupied. The rooms could use updating. The a/c slats were broken. The breakfast area and front desk were unstaffed in the morning; not a very welcoming feeling. My key didn't work to get back into my room after breakfast, so I had to go down, call the night clerk on duty, and wait for him to wake up from some back room and come out to give me a different key. When we checked out, he never even came out from the back room. I told him on the hotel phone that I thought he should apologize for the confusion with the rooms and for my key not working in the morning, and he apologized only after I told him he should. I wouldn't stay here again. I think Days Inn can do a lot better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Originally the price attracted me. But after staying a couple times I began getting to know Sonia. Absolute angel! Tries very hard to accommodate all your needs and still remain a competitive price. The rooms are always clean and if you have any needs or requests they do everything they can to accomodate. Always with a smile. I would not change to another hotel during my frequent stays in monticello simply because the customer service and the welcome you recieve should be known and practiced nation wide!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Found a good price on the Internet for $59 a night. The other reviews were mixed, and although I've grown wary of Days Inns, I'd thought I'd give it a shot. Was only there for one night, (got in late afternoon and left early next morning), but it served it's purpose.
Hotel seemed somewhat old and outdated, hallways stunk of cigarette smoke, but the room was in decent shape. One of the bed lamps had it's cord cut off, but overall the room was clean. Bed was comfortable and clean, small fridge worked fine, and that's all I was looking for.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2012

A very good value for the price charged.
We were only able to book Friday night online as the hotel was booked.
When we arrived we ask for a room Saturday night if possible.
The reception staff were very nice and able to accomadate us the next morning with a choice between two rooms, with good room rate. Super8 Across were charging $99 +tax, was not worth it to spend. Since we were going out for Shopping and tour mpls. most of the time.
Clean, comfortable, will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank peloquin_tracy
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here for less than 12 hours (as we got in late, then left the next morning to head to city), but it worked for us. The beds were comfortable, the continental breakfast was fine, and checking in and out was fast and easy. Staff worked with us on pricing, The rooms were clean, accomodating and quiet. The manager seemed to truly care about our satisfaction and was friendly each time we contacted him. We will definately be back if our travels bring us to the Monticello area. We greatly apprecaited the secure parking. Very friendly staff. Thank you for a wonderful, secure, and delightful stay

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I thought days had standards, sadly I was mistaken. I stayed here despicte bad reviews as they accepted dogs and were in the AAA guide. I've never been one to complain over things like a free breakfast, but the walmart jug of juice, cereal and loaf of bread doesn't quite cut it for contenental breakfasts anymore. The room was dirty, and had to call staff to come clean the toilet. Regardless of how much cleaning was done it probably wouldn't get any better, I felt awful leaving my dog there. We would go out for dinner etc, and then talk about how much we didn't want to go back, moving to another hotel wasn't an option with the dog. The entire hotel needs updating, don't let it's exterior fool u. It was extremely warm walking into the lobby, and the rooms were pretty hot too, we ran our A/C the whole time dispite the odd noises coming from it. The creepy part was the family that run it, one side of the hotel was boarded up and converted into a family home, so there were always people lingering around the front and outside who were friends of the staff. For the most part the staff was friendly and helpful but in a Bates motel kinda way

Room Tip: Keep the A/C running - it'll help flow some air and keep the smell down. Keep all your luggage z...