“It worked for us, Perfectly Nice...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Monticello

Days Inn Monticello
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Alexandria, Minnesota
“It worked for us, Perfectly Nice...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here for less than 12 hours (as we got in late, then left the next morning to head to city), but it worked for us. The beds were comfortable, the continental breakfast was fine, and checking in and out was fast and easy. Staff worked with us on pricing, The rooms were clean, accomodating and quiet. The manager seemed to truly care about our satisfaction and was friendly each time we contacted him. We will definately be back if our travels bring us to the Monticello area. We greatly apprecaited the secure parking. Very friendly staff. Thank you for a wonderful, secure, and delightful stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I thought days had standards, sadly I was mistaken. I stayed here despicte bad reviews as they accepted dogs and were in the AAA guide. I've never been one to complain over things like a free breakfast, but the walmart jug of juice, cereal and loaf of bread doesn't quite cut it for contenental breakfasts anymore. The room was dirty, and had to call staff to come clean the toilet. Regardless of how much cleaning was done it probably wouldn't get any better, I felt awful leaving my dog there. We would go out for dinner etc, and then talk about how much we didn't want to go back, moving to another hotel wasn't an option with the dog. The entire hotel needs updating, don't let it's exterior fool u. It was extremely warm walking into the lobby, and the rooms were pretty hot too, we ran our A/C the whole time dispite the odd noises coming from it. The creepy part was the family that run it, one side of the hotel was boarded up and converted into a family home, so there were always people lingering around the front and outside who were friends of the staff. For the most part the staff was friendly and helpful but in a Bates motel kinda way

Room Tip: Keep the A/C running - it'll help flow some air and keep the smell down. Keep all your luggage z...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Monticello hotels

winnipeg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

45 minutes prior to the end of the continental breakfast there was nothing left except for the end pieces of the loaf of bread and stale cereal. Nothing was replenished between that time and the end of the service.

other complaints:
-no hot water in the morning.
-room was falling apart:
...wallpaper peeling
...water stains on the wall from the window
...outlets falling out/off the wall
...room was damp. (room 112)
-The coffee maker had to be placed on the floor to be plugged in.

When I complained about the lack of food/service at breakfast, the clerk told me I should have told them. The front desk is 3 steps from the breakfast counter, and nobody was monitoring the food at all during the entire service. I don't think it should have been my responsibility to let them know that they are running out of food.

The clerk did not offer anything until I asked for a discount on the room. All he offered me was a measly 10% off the room for an unsatisfactory experience.

Staying at either of the two other hotels in Monticello, the Best Western or Super 8 would have been a much better alternative.

Room Tip: Rooms at the Super 8 or Best Western are a better choice.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lorette
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Overall this hotel was very basic. Rooms were clean however the bedding was in need of updating. Breakfast was basic but sufficient to carry us to lunch. I would probably look at alternative choices next time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was disappointed as I always thought the days inn would be fairly consistent across the board. The air conditiner ran but all the controls were broken so I couldnt turn it up or down, so we froze all night. The continental breakfast was awful. The smell in the hotel was putrid, old smoke, I have never experienced that before so that was a turn off and made me believe the hotel was not vented very well. All the furnishings were from the 70's. I called for extra towels because there was 5 of us and the desk clerk told me to come down and get some if i wanted.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New London, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

After driving for over 12 hours, I was dog tired and needed a room. The desk clerk had a very thick accent, but I was able to understand her enough to barter with her and I got her to lower the price to down to $49.00. Other than noticing that the room was clean, I can't really give much of a review because I totally crashed once I got there. I own a memory foam mattress and usually find motel mattress' too firm for my taste, but like I said I was dog tired and just crashed for the night. I left very early the next morning without even finding out if they had a breakfast or coffee. Sorry, I can't give much of a review of this motel other than to say that it was clean which is most important to me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Carol50733
Grand Forks, ND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

Non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Dual lamp between the beds did not work--cord was sliced. No idea why. Called the front desk and they said to leave it outside the room. Beds were newer, but the furnishings were pathetic, and rank among the worst I've stayed in since college. At breakfast, there were two loaves of bread, both outdated, and guests were asked to share a jar of peanut butter. We went to McDonald's. This was the last day of our vacation and I was hoping for something very nice and this was just so very awful. Really, really disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Menkatope
DIManchester, Manager at Days Inn Monticello, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for sharing experiences at our hotel. We have addressed the smoke issue and revised our procedures. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

When problems or issues are reported during the stay, we make sure that a fix is provided right away. However, it is hard to fix problems when they are addressed after a guest stay. The sooner we are notified the faster we can address and find resolutions.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Andy Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Super 8 Monticello
Super 8 Monticello
#2 of 3 in Monticello
BEST WESTERN Chelsea Inn & Suites
Crossings by GrandStay Inn and Suites Becker
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers
Americas Best Value Inn Clearwater

Been to Days Inn Monticello? Share your experiences!