“Room is Nice Sized and Clean” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossings by GrandStay Inn and Suites Montevideo

Crossings by GrandStay Inn and Suites Montevideo
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Montevideo
St. Paul
“Room is Nice Sized and Clean”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I would have given it a 4 except for the fact that you could not get the room above 60 degrees at night. We had both thermostats on heat at 72 and put them up to 80 as the night went on. I know we came at a time of the year when the days can be 80 and the nights 40 but you should be able to go from air conditioning to heat when needed. You can not remove the hair dryer from the bathroom to heat up the bed either. At breakfast we overheard the next table ask their son how he slept. He just said he was cold all night. Must have been some issue with the hotel. Definitely not worth the over $140 bill for one night with tax.

Other than that, the room was clean and large. Don't get items from the candy machine. They are expired. I tried a couple of different items and then started looking at the dates on the ones I could see. Had to throw both items away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Maple Grove, Minnesota, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here on Saturday 09/29/12 and I was sitting in my room playing around on my laptop while listening to my 30gig Zune (Microsoft's version of ipod) this Zune was full of irreplacable pictures and videos of my grandson as well as many others and tons of songs. So I was listening with my ear buds and was playing on my laptop and got annoyed with the ear buds in my ears and decided to run to Walmart a few blocks away to but some speakers to plug into my Zune so I did not have to use my ear buds so I took the charging/synch cord out of my bag and plugged my Zune into my laptop and left for Walmart, when I returned shortly thereafter I walked into my room and headed straight for my Zune and discovered the my Zune and cord were gone!!!! I went straight to the front desk and she had the deer in the headlights look and was unwilling to help, I called the Montevideo Police department out and the had an officer come out to "inverstigate" but they did a shoddy job at best, failing to even find out the names of the cleaning staff on duty, horrible job!!... Some pre story and wrap up... On Saturday morning about 11 a.m. one of the cleaning staff ( a younger pleasant enough looking "blond" gal) knocked on my door, I thought it was strange since I had a "do not disturb" sign on my door but I went to door and informed her I did not want room service but would exchange my used towels for new ones, she walked right in even though I did not invite her in then I handed her my towels and she gave my 3 new ones from her cart, I went right back to listening to my Zune with my ear buds and continued to play on my laptop when I got annoyed with the ear buds and decided to leave for Walmart when I left the smae cleaning llady was in the hallway 3 doors down just standing by her cart and stared me down, enough to make me think it was wierd, yet I continued on my way, when I returned to my room a short time later I walked to my room and went straight to my Zune and discovered that my Zune and cord were stolen, not my nearly $2000 laptop, not my $300 pair of Oakleys with case and all, not my very expensive top of the line HD video camera or any other valuables for that matter, no sigh of forced entry and the room was not ransacked or even disturben in the least bit, the only thing missing was my small Zune and cord that can fit easily into her poket and smuggled out without detection. Here I sit 8pm on 10/1/12 and did not hear one peep from the management of the Hotel?!?!!?!?!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marcelo D

Travelers are raving about these Montevideo hotels

Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here in February and liked it so much that when we had a funeral in the area in March we came back again. We stayed in a whirlpool suite which consisted of a separate bedroom with a big bed and a pull out couch in the living room. There was a kitchenette in the room and a whirpool tub. The pool was nicer than average for the price. It wasn't super tiny & the hot tub was the right temperature. The breakfast which is included in the price was filling and included bacon, sausage & gravy, fruit, belgian waffles & various fruits and pastries. The lobby is very welcoming and the staff was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: I booked online a few days ahead of time. My brother booked by phone the day before and got a bette...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Plainville, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

I was going to stay here but I walked in and the room reeked like cigarettes. I went to go ask for a nonsmoking room and realized my room was nonsmoking. There was no fridge either, only in the suites. I decided I could not stay somewhere that smelled that bad.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This was a very nice hotel to stay in, however, it has no elevator. We had to lug my big suitcase up the stairs. Decent free breakfast, free Wifi, and a really nice indoor pool.
Very comfy beds and pillows.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

I honestly didn't know there are other hotels in Monty... I love Country Inns, so I was only too happy to stay in this one. As all the rest Country Inns, this one is clean and safe. Rooms are comfy, brekfast is yummy. There are restaurants in Monty but you have to drive there. If you don't feel like it, there is Subway right next door and Wal-Mart pretty much across the street (at least it was there - I think they were moving...). If you are ever in Monty, stay in this hotel - you won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atwater Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2006

We stayed two nights in August. A wonderful place, clean, neat, nice pool area and the Continental Breakfast is great. You can even make your own waffles. The only problem we had was that the remote for the TV didn't work. Beds were very comfortable and the staff was just fine. Dale

• Liked — The continental breakfast room and food.
  • Disliked — Really, nothing at all.
  • Tips/Secrets — The so called complimentary newspaper is not, they charge for it.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PontoonMan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montevideo
Granite Falls Super Motel
Granite Falls Super Motel
#2 of 2 in Granite Falls

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn and Suites Montevideo? Share your experiences!