“Awesome For Birthday Parties”

Big Stone Mini-golf and Sculpture Garden
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We held our daughter's 13th birthday party here, and it was a perfect day! The weather was sketchy in the morning, but it cleared up right before the party. Good thing, because everything is outdoors! We were given our own HUGE party area near the sculpture garden. Available for our use:
* Several large natural-rock tables & benches
* Fire pit with everything we needed -- a fire was already burning for us when we got there. We had extra firewood, long sticks for cooking over the fire, chairs by the fire, etc.
* Ton of natural landscape to spread out in and explore.

Our group started out by playing a game of mini golf. The mini golf at this place is phenomenal! The course is fun and challenging. The original sculptures are fascinating, and I love how the art is incorporated into the game. After golf, we served a simple lunch -- hot dogs, brats, chips, salad, veggies. Everyone cooked their own food, which was easy and fun. Afterward, we had a birthday cake and cupcakes.

After lunch, people wandered around and did their own thing. Some checked out the sculpture garden, others played with the pigs and chickens. Some fed the horses out back, some played the free games of (oversized) checkers available. Others simply sat around the fire and talked.

This was the PERFECT spot for a family-oriented birthday party for a new teen. There was something for everyone to do and enjoy. The kids had plenty of area to spread out into so they could be near us but still have their own space to feel more independent. The mini golf was such a fun activity to break the ice. The employees here gave us everything we needed and were very helpful. We were even given a golf cart upon arrival so we could haul our party goods to the party/picnic site. And, as I mentioned before, the fire was already burning for us in the fire pit and we had everything we needed to enjoy the fire and keep it going. And because we kept things simple, serving our light lunch was easy and fun (it's not often you can talk your guests into cooking their own lunch!). Our guests ranged from ages 5 to 55. If you have someone who is disabled in your family, this party spot could be a bit of a challenge. Although I have a mild disability, and I was fine since I could ride in the golf cart to the party site. But keep in mind that this is all-natural terrain! The party also would have been a bit of a disaster if the weather hadn't been nice. There is nowhere "inside" to go if it rains. So you are taking a bit of a risk as far as that goes. Although the owners certainly were flexible enough and would've let us reschedule if needed at no cost.

Which brings me to cost. In my daughter's 13 years, we've thrown 13 parties. This was by far the best and the cheapest party we've ever thrown!! I can't remember the exact cost for the entire day (including a round of mini golf for everyone), but I do remember adding a huge tip because the cost was so low. Don't quote me on this, but I thought the rental for the party site was somewhere in the $20 range. Add in a reasonable round of golf for each guest, and you've got yourself an affordable party!

I still smile when I think back on my daughter's 13th birthday party at Big Stone Mini-Golf and Sculpture Garden. It was a perfect day!

4  Thank rebmafaith
"worth the trip"
"goats"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a unique entertainment venue...mini-golf and art combined. The course is more challenging than you typically expect for mini-golf and every whole is an artistic masterpiece to behold. Great for date night or with a bunch of friends.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

A group of six of us went the past weekend and just like the other reviews say it is great! Nothing like you have seen before! All of us loved it and will be back again! All the holes are a different design made from the sculptures.. Pics don't do it justice of all the details involved!

1  Thank clearwater4010
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Neatest mini golf I have ever played, not your traditional mini golf, with sculptures and trees in play, par 6's, and holes in overturned boats. I must play for the adventurious, Also a very pleasant drive through some beautiful country

2  Thank DaveH36