“Excellent Service - Clean and Tidy Rooms”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Baton Rouge, United States
“Excellent Service - Clean and Tidy Rooms”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was very impressed with the service. When i arrived the General Manager personally went up to my room before I completed my check in to ensure the room was cooled. He also explained all the services provided, including access to a YMCA nearby. The evening staff was also wonderful. I encountered three different front desk staff persons during my stay. They were extremely nice and helpful. Always asking if they can assist me in anything. I could not have asked for a better experience!

1 Thank Chadwick M
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post this review. Your title "Excellent Service - Clean and Tidy Rooms", truly described our mission. We are pleased to hear this was your experience and would like to invite you back to our hotel the next time you are in the Minneapolis area.

Bill Godbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Elkhorn, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Another great Hampton facility that is conveniently located right off the interstate. Staff is absolutely superb and made the stay even more wonderful. The only downside to my experience was that the workout facility is pretty basic and there is no pool. The hotel does provide a pass to the YMCA which is a nice facility.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this review, your feedback is truly appreciated. We look forward to your return the next time your business travel calls for lodging in the Minneapolis area.

As always, if there is anything we (or I) can do to make your next stay even better, please let us know!

With hospitality,

Motley, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Everything was great and stay was good I would recommend this hotel! Hotel was clean staff was great! Nice location room overlooked wilderness like area could not hardly tell you were in the middle of a big city!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community. I appreciate you mentioning our unique location. While we are on Interstate 394, we have a very residential suburban setting allowing for us to enjoy the natural landscaping. A little bit of country in the heart of the city...

Thank you for staying with us, your business is appreciated. We look forward to the next time your travel plans call for lodging in the Minneapolis area.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed June 14, 2013

After a long sad day of determining hospice for my brother I came to this hotel by chance. Michael checked me in, found out what I needed. He made sure I had a quiet room, bottle of water and and anything else he could think of. The manager told me I could leave my car there for the day and if I needed to check back in they would streamline the check in. My room was clean and quiet, but mostly it was a place I felt welcome and safe because of people like Michael at the front desk. Even the person who made coffee in the morning was kind. Due to family circumstances I will be back often, and I will be staying here.

Room Tip: Keep traveling teams on a different floor if someone is traveling and needing quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community. I am so sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time. Please let us know what we can do to make this time a bit easier for you.

It is great to hear that Michael was able to make a difference during your stay. He is truly a hospitality professional and I am very lucky to be on a team with him. I will be sure to share your comments with Michael as well as our entire staff.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Decent hotel, convenient location, helpful staff. I was staying at the hotel without a car. One evening I went to the desk to ask about takeout restaurant services and was given assistance by the clerk on duty. When i asked specifically about an Asian restaurant, John, the manager on duty went beyond and offered to drive me to a local restaurant in the hotel shuttle and picked me up afterwards. This was truly appreciated and he should be recognized for his service.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton. The wooded lot with the trees outside your window makes you easily forget that you are in a hotel near a highway and conveniently located near many restaurants, shops, and a nice mall. We were completely satisfied with our stay. The hotel was very clean and easy to navigate and our room had everything we needed including a (large) mini-fridge and microwave. The reason that I am writing this review though is because of the staff. The staff is truly amazing. We arrived late and completely exhausted after a long drive to be greeted by the friendliest, most helpful staff that genuinely cares about their guests. We were quickly checked in and too tired to go out to eat, we were provided a stack of menus and several recommendations for food delivery. Our pizza (Pizza Luce) was there within 15 minutes and was fantastic, as recommended. After believing that this was all too good to be true, tragedy struck when a diamond stud earring was washed down the shower drain. Although seemingly hopeless, I headed back down to the front desk in an effort to calm a very distraught girl that had just lost her earring. Once again, the staff was truly concerned about our situation and left a note for maintenance to come up to our room the next morning. Our hero, Jason, arrived the next morning and went WELL out of his way to retrieve the lost earring!! Unbelievable. I can't say enough great things about this staff. The only negative is, for us, that they raised the bar and we're unlikely to get that quality of service anywhere else. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Latitude41
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post this review. Your comments are truly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with Jason and the rest of the team. I feel very lucky to be surrounded by such a great team of devoted hospitality professionals. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a nice time.

We look forward to your return!

Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I agree that the staff here stand out, even from most other Hampton Inns. The Manager worked the breakfast crowd the whole morning....not just glad-handing and chatting, but cleaning tables and generally being useful. Really made you feel like they cared that things were going well. Nice touch!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community. My favorite part of the day is working in the breakfast area as it gives me an opportunity to meet and speak with as many of my guests as possible. Having the opportunity to meet and speak to travelers such as yourself is the highlight of my day.

Should there be anything that we can do to make your next stay even better, please let us know.

With hospitality,

Bill Godbe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka? Share your experiences!