“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The quality of the amenities in this hotel are not exceptional (ie breakfast is varied but from a box, TV channels limited, no fridge in rooms), but the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome in the hotel. The Front Desk and Breakfast staff make this chain hotel experience stand out. Cleanliness of room is also very good, and the facilities are modern. Location is not exactly near anything, but on a major highway with good connections to most destinations in area. I choose this hotel over other chain hotels in the area because of the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete this review. I am very lucky to be a part of a talented group of hospitatlity professionals. Our goal is for you to have a home away from home, a place you truly feel comfortable at while away from your home.

We look forward to your return!

As always, if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better, please let me know.

With hospitality,

Bill Godbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Seattle, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Lack of Professionalism; Rooms = Odor, mold smell; Breakfast is low grade; Room insulation is poor as the noisy teenagers on both sides of my room were noisy at 1AM, ever night I was there to sleep. Parking not well lit;

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing this feedback as we strive to continuously improve the guest experience here.

I want to offer you a sincere apology as it is clear that we did not meet your expectations.

We do appreciate you mentioning the value that we have to offer as well your nice comment regarding the cleanliness of the hotel.

Should you want to discuss your stay in further detail, I have included my contact information below.

Thank you for your business and I would like to personally invite you back to the hotel the next time you need lodging in the Minnetonka area.

bill.godbe@pillarhotels.com
952.541.1094
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed overnight myself and four kids. For some reason we couldn't get two rooms but had a choice between a king room or a king with pullout couch? Unlike all the other Hampton Inns there was no mention or offer of a roll away or extra bed linens. The staff seemed exasperated. Maybe because there was a large group of teenage volleyball players running wild through the place all night? They managed to break the elevator so we walked up the stairs to our fourth floor room a few times. They descended on the breakfast the next morning, so by nine there were no eggs, and other breakfast items. On the plus side, the room was clean, the price was good and the location worked for us. I wouldn't say it was so bad I wouldn't return, but it wasn't as good as the other Hampton Inns we go to, and we only stay at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed April 2013
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for providing this review and feedback we can use to make our hotel and guest experience better. I want to offer you a sincere apology as it sounds like we did not meet your expectations.

The next time your travel plans call for lodging in the Minnetonka area, I hope that you will once again choose to stay at our hotel. When this need arises, please contact me so that I may personally oversee your stay to ensure we exceed your expectations. Please find my contact information below.

bill.godbe@pillarhotels.com
952-541-1094
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff at the Minnetonka Hampton Inn is extremely friendly and a joy to deal with. I talked to Bill who was cleaning the tables in the eating area and it turns out he is the manager. I was amazed. And Kim jumps through hoops to make you feel at home and make sure you have a great breakfast experience. Wonderful people!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice comments, they are truly appreciated as is your business!

I feel so lucky to be part of such a talented team of hospitality professionals. It sounds like Kim made a positive impact on your stay, she truly defines "hamptonality" and I thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community.

We look forward to your return the next time your travel plans call for lodging in the Minnetonka area.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hampton is a great hotel with value for money. The rooms are quite comfortable, clean and well maintained. Free Internet is a excellent complimentary service. The view out is quite scenic, place is near to airport and market place The Interior of the rooms is quite well done. The Complimentory breakfast is good. There is 24 hrs tea and coffee service and vending machines to dispense cola or snacks

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Traip Advisor community. We are always pleased to hear positive feedback as we strive to exceed every guest's expectations, every time.

We look forward to your return!

Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our family rented several rooms for a family celebration. Our rooms were large with plenty of space. Staff were SUPER helpful and friendly! We are thinking of returning and doing our big family christmas at this location!!!

It would be nice if they had a pool or at least whirlpool suites. Other than that this place is awesome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community. I really appreciate the title of your review as I always tell my team that we only do 2 things here; we provide clean comfortable rooms and legendary world-class service.

My team and I look forward to the next opportunity to host you and your family.

With hospitality,

Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and i traveled to Minneapolis on business. I attended a business meeting in the morning and Jill took advantage of the continental breakfast. The food was fine, but she was very impressed with Kim. Kim was very positive, friendly and made Jill feel very welcome. Jill said that Kim had a true servant heart... not just someone who had to do a job.

Very impressive!... thanks Kim

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

Thank you for mentioning Kim, she is truly a hospitality professional and I am lucky to have such a talented and dedicated co-worker.

Thank you for staying with us, we truly value and appreciate your business.

We look forward to your return the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Minnetonka area.

Bill Godbe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka? Share your experiences!