“Breakfast with a Champion”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and i traveled to Minneapolis on business. I attended a business meeting in the morning and Jill took advantage of the continental breakfast. The food was fine, but she was very impressed with Kim. Kim was very positive, friendly and made Jill feel very welcome. Jill said that Kim had a true servant heart... not just someone who had to do a job.

Very impressive!... thanks Kim

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

Thank you for mentioning Kim, she is truly a hospitality professional and I am lucky to have such a talented and dedicated co-worker.

Thank you for staying with us, we truly value and appreciate your business.

We look forward to your return the next time your travel plans require lodging in the Minnetonka area.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed in a room about a month ago and am still thinking about how soft the bed was!! Absolutely loved it. The hotel itself is very quiet and clean. Loved the extra amenities in the room like the q-tips and nail filer! The evening front desk man was very quick and knew his way around the city which was very helpful. Would love to stay again if closer to down town.

Room Tip: Not so close to down town as hot wire explained...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the beds, many of our guests comment on how well they sleep here.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

When I went to check in on 3/19 I arrived about 5 minutes early. Stephanie at the front desk made it seem like a big deal because check in time is 3pm. She had to call to make sure the room was ready. I can't believe that 5 minutes early is really that big of a deal to have her huff and puff and stomp over to the phone to call housekeeping. Most hotels I've stayed at accomodate me if I get there 30 min. early or more. Stephanie needs to drop the attitude. There's plenty of hotels in the area, I could easily take my business else where.
I wrote to Hampton Inn and all they said was that they would speak to the staff. So much for 100% guarantee satisfaction.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Eric S

Dear Guest,

First, please accept my sincerest apology for the less than stellar service you described.

That being said, we always provide an early check-in option for all of our guests (based on availability). On that particular day I was working with Stephanie and I personally saw her provide early check-ins to at least a half dozen guests. According to her she was simply ensuring your room had been cleaned and inspected prior to you being checked-in. We primarily serve business travelers here and make it a point to ensure that we make the arrival process as easy as possible. Many of our guests prefer to arrive early, therefore we make it a point to offer this service whenever possible, as often as possible. It sounds as if she did get you checked-in before the regular check-in time.

The over whelming majority of our guests, including those who have shared experiences with the Trip Advisor community, really enjoy our hotel and often comment about the service provided by our team of hospitality professionals.

Our number one goal is exceeding all of our guests' expectations, every time. I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. We stand behind out hotel (and the service provided by our team) and we do provide a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Should you want to discuss this guarantee or your experience in further detail with me, I have included my contact information below.

952-541-1094
bill.godbe@pillarhotels.com

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This Hampton Inn is clean and comfortable at a very reasonable rate. I would stay everytime I'm in the area with value like this. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. They made you feel welcome, that they appreciated you were staying there, and portrayed professionalism in all respects. The breakfast spread was extensive in comparison to other Hampton Inns and food quality was good. The rooms are quiet even though this hotel conveniently located near I394 with a mall and plenty of services reasonably close by.

Room Tip: Stay on the back (north) side for the most quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate you mentioning the great breakfast we have as well as our convenient location.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good value hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. Wireless internet was reasonably fast, free, and easy to connect. Breakfast was OK, but Kim was a hoot and very friendly. Check-in and check-out was quick and painless. Although it was next to a busy freeway which was very convenient, we did not hear any traffic and it was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is located near a freeway and Shopping Mall but you would not know it. Well landscaped with ample parking and friendly/helpful staff. Kim in the eating area is one of the goodwill ambassadors of the hotel. Nicholas on the desk is more than helpful every time we visit. Really pleasant hotel which is why we keep going back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quiter, not that any are very noisy, and you get to look out at a heavily tre...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking time to post this review, it is truly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it is wonderful to know that the hospitality professionals I have on my team made such a great impression upon you.

The weather is getting warmer and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this Hampton Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable. Great service from the front desk, housekeeping and management. Breakfast was very good. I really enjoyed the variety of items and the Host Kim was extremely friendly, helpful and a joy to be around.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience here at the Hampton Inn - Minnetonka, with the rest of the Trip Advisor community.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am always delighted to hear that a team member, such as Kim, made a positive impact on your stay.

We look forward to your return!

Bill Godbe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka? Share your experiences!