“Hampton Inn -hidden jewel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is located near a freeway and Shopping Mall but you would not know it. Well landscaped with ample parking and friendly/helpful staff. Kim in the eating area is one of the goodwill ambassadors of the hotel. Nicholas on the desk is more than helpful every time we visit. Really pleasant hotel which is why we keep going back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quiter, not that any are very noisy, and you get to look out at a heavily tre...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking time to post this review, it is truly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it is wonderful to know that the hospitality professionals I have on my team made such a great impression upon you.

The weather is getting warmer and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this Hampton Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable. Great service from the front desk, housekeeping and management. Breakfast was very good. I really enjoyed the variety of items and the Host Kim was extremely friendly, helpful and a joy to be around.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience here at the Hampton Inn - Minnetonka, with the rest of the Trip Advisor community.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am always delighted to hear that a team member, such as Kim, made a positive impact on your stay.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Superb value hotel, very clean, new decor, friendly and helpful staff. We arrived early and were allowed to check in well before normal check-in hours, which was helpful as the weather was very cold outside. Excellent bedding, nice business desk, highly recommended for business travelers and those with out kids. Easy access to freeway system, centrally located in a decent neighborhood for those who are not familiar with Minneapolis. Trader's Joe's and a Caribou Coffee are within easy walking distance, and a shopping mall is only a mile or two away.

Room Tip: I don't think there wold be any bad rooms at this location.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community. It is great to know that we were able to make your trip here a pleasant one, I appreciate your comments regarding the staff and cleanliness of the room; we try to keep it simple here by proving clean, well maintained rooms and professional, friendly service.

My team and I look forward to your return!

With hospitality,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this Hampton Inn. I travel a lot for work and not all the hotels are great. I found that my room here was very clean and comfortable – way to go housekeeping staff! I truly enjoyed the phenomenal hospitality from the GM –Bill. He was excellent -He made me feel welcome, gave me great directions and suggested wonderful restaurants for me to try out during my stay – way to go Bill! Breakfast was good - they had a nice variety of items to choose from so you can start your day off right. I’ll be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, great service, staff and manager were very accommodating.
Breakfast was very good. Nice choice of items from healthy to not so much. Nice variety of coffee.
We had a minor issue with our room and it was resolved promptly and effectively.
Rooms were comfortable. Beds firm, pillows soft.
Got a great rate on a discount travel website too, but the hotel would be worth the standard rate which they charge.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Droolinglooneytunes
FrequentTraveler7249, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guests:

It was my pleasure having you and your family stay here. Your comments regarding the facility and staff are much appreciated. It is our goal to exceed all of our guests' expectations.

My team and I look forward to the next time you and your family visit the Minneapolis area.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Decent, cozy and convenient hotel. Close to shopping centers, half an hour far from downtown MSP, half an hour far from MSP Int'l Airport and Mall of America, half an hour far from Albertville Premium Outlets. Amicable staff, spacious and clean rooms. You have 24 hours complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. My only problem was breakfast: too many calories, no vegetables, no whole wheat bread, no natural juices.
As a whole, this is a good value hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I appreciate you mentioning the value and convenience that we offer.

Your comments regarding the breakfast are very insightful and I plan to meet with my vendor to discuss further options.

My team and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were very pleased to find this hotel at such a great Friday night rate. When you walk into the hotel lobby you find a warm and very inviting atmosphere with a fireplace and comfortable sitting area. The staff is very professional and greeted us when we entered the hotel. The rooms are very clean and the bed was very comfortable. A hot breakfast is one of the amenities provided by the Hampton Inn. There were many breakfast choices available, the breakfast staff made sure everything was well stocked and the area kept clean. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 7 in Saint Louis Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka? Share your experiences!