“Scary doesn't stop with the elevator!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Scary doesn't stop with the elevator!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've had good Hampton experiences and bad ones. This was not one of the good ones. I was traveling for business with my team and we had 5 rooms. On 4 floors there was only one working ice machine. There was a musty odor to all rooms and the cleaning staff would run the bathroom fan every day but this did nothing to get rid of the moldy smell. The carpets were stained, the elevators creaky and scary, there was dirt and trash on the carpet in the hallways that remained the entire week that we stayed so they obviously didn't vacuum.

And would someone please explain the decision Hampton has made to have pre-printed yellow sticky notes made to put on the headboard stating, "duvet covers & sheets are clean for your arrival"? This is so TACKY! And if there isn't a note on the headboard do we assume they have not put clean sheets on the bed? Other hotel chains don't feel it necessary to announce when they change the sheets... shouldn't that be a given?

Try another hotel, this one is worth passing up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UntamedAZlady
Kaitlin H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear UntamedAZlady,

Thank you for the review of our hotel; I do apologize that your stay did not live up to the Hampton Standards you are accustom to. I utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and after reviewing your feedback with the hotel team we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. We also have discussed the cleanliness issue with our cleaning staff.

Regarding the yellow sticky notes that are placed on the headboard, these are new for us as of a couple months ago. These are a Hampton Standard and are required at every Hampton. Our sheets and duvets are cleaned daily even if the sticky note fell off or was not posted. Once again, I apologize that your stay was not what you expected. I also appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and I hope that if you return to the Minnetonka area, you will give us another chance to WOW you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great hotel, amazing staff- Really enjoyed our 3 night stay. Breakfast was terrific piping hot and plenty!! Kudos to the kitchen staff! rooms were nice and clean, Linen was so soft and smelled so clean. Hallways were always clean, Housekeeping staff was nice. Front Desk Team was extremly friendly and happy!

Room Tip: Only bad thing is, no POOL, however they do give pass's to the local Y.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kaitlin H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Cyndieelouwho,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn Minnetonka! We value all feedback and love to hear compliments on service and what we have to offer. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I and my family enjoyed our stay at Hampton Inn. The service was excellent and the price was well within my budget. The rooms were just right and the breakfast wasn’t bad either. Special thanks, to the staff and the managers that were on duty July 23, 2012 everyone from the front desk including the cleaning staff was polite and friendly. Like other has said already; the place can use a little Tender Loving Care (TLC) other than that, it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kaitlin H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Good Morning Bigjosh1,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn Minnetonka! We value all feedback and love to hear compliments on service and what we have to offer. We are going to be updating our hotel slowly here in the 4th quarter and more so in the start of 2013 as well so stay tuned! Again, thank you for the feedback and look forward to seeing you next time!

Kaitlin Holmes
Director of Sales
Hampton Inn Minnetonka
Ontario
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent price! But...
The property is pretty dated - they really need to start planning some renos. The entire hotel was over saturated with air freshener that left me with a migraine in the morning. The lawn sprinklers are very poorly placed - they were literally soaking every car in the parking lot. Because of the sprinklers, we couldn't load our car until my husband pulled out of the spot we were parked in. Of course, in order to get into the car, he had to walk under the sprinklers.
Good breakfast though and really awesome coffee.

Room Tip: Avoid odd numbered rooms in the 130s. They face the front entrance of the hotel and are very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shamrock123
, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for the review of your guest suite. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast nonetheless. I also appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.
Granger, IN
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns but service at this one was exceptional and will definitely bring me back. I needed 8 Double AA batteries and when I asked the front desk where the nearest store was that sold batteries, instead of sending me off, they pulled 8 batteries out of the extra TV remotes at the desk and gave them to me. The next morning was pouring rain and I had forgotten my umbrella. the front desk person gave me his personal umbrella to go get my car and pull it under the overhang. The property was very clean including the bathroom. It is also very close to restaurants and shopping at the nearby mall- also a Traders Joe and Macaroni Grill less than 5 minutes down the road. Location is right off the highway and very easy to find. Great staff and great location!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Verona, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

The Hampton is clean and well kept, as well as quiet. Great location to bars, nearby Ridgedale mall, and restaurants. Easy to get to. We stayed here for a wedding and it was a perfect place to get to and from the wedding and reception in nearby Hopkins. Great rate offered for the wedding too!

Stayed April 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I am a loyal Hampton customer. No matter where I go the styles, cleanliness, friendliness, etc. are all very good. This location is par for the Hampton course. The only negative I can report is that the location is not very good for anyone staying without a car. There area isn't pedestrian friendly so there would be limited, if any, options for dinner or shopping. Those amenities are not far away, it's just that getting to them as a pedestrian would not be ideal.

Room Tip: Unless you plan to use the refrigerator, request a room without one. Or, do what I do and unplug it...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka? Share your experiences!