“Great Service!”

Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Minneapolis Marriott SW in Minnetonka MN is a Great place to stay. Superb friendly service from the top down. General Manager Ms. Garcia is genuinely interested in making sure that you have a wonderful stay. She is very hands on and truly appreciative of your business. The front desk and restaurant staff is very warm and friendly, and always make me feel like I'm at home when I'm there.
I strongly recommend staying there when you're in town. Very convenient to downtown yet in a much nicer setting.
Thank you!
Longtime Marriott Plat
Jorge Perez

Room Tip: Ask how much a room upgrade is when you check in. Well worth it for a corner deluxe room with jacuzz...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you Mr. Jorge for the kind comments regarding the hotel and staff. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us each time you are in town.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed 2 days, over a weekend, friday and saturday. Good nights both of them, The only drawback is that there were big functions in the ball room both nights so the hotel was busy and the parking lot was packed and we had to fight for parking. The bed was comfy and the curtains great, was very quiet. The only other thing was the heating/air was making this whining whirling noise that was driving me bonkers..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

I am glad to read that you had a great stay with us regardless of your parking situation. Please rest assured that I have shared your heating comment with our engineering team to ensure that no other guests have the same issue. I hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here for a couple nights a few weeks ago for a corporate retreat. Check-in was easy with a very helpful desk (granted I didn't wait in line because I made sure to arrive early). Got upgraded to a corner suite. Rooms apparently have been updated, but I would beg to differ. Except for the new king size bed and bedboard, the rooms seems dated. Coral tiles in the bathroom. Old living room sofa and chair sets.

In the end, it worked out. They have nice conference facilities. And it sounded like the company was pretty happy with all the logistics and how that played out.

Location is outside of Minneapolis by about 20 minutes. Beware of the Opus one development that this hotel is in. The roads are super confusing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear that the meeting you were attending went well. I will be sure to share your comments with the event team. We take great pride in being able to make each meeting happen flawlessly. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recently stayed her for a nine-week project for a local business Mondays-Thursdays. Express check-in is very convenient to use, often having my room ready by 9 am Mondays! It was nice to be able to drop my bags before going into the office.
For those with Marriott status, the concierge lounge is very nice. Always a great way to start the day with a nice warm breakfast without leaving the hotel. Same goes for snacks & dessert at night, and the light dinner they also provide came in handy quite often when trying to juggle late meetings,etc.
The room were up to the usual Marriott standards - get a higher floor if you can because it's the higher building in the area so you get a great view!
The staff went out of their way to make me feel at home, even greeting me by name after a short while.
I would definitely go back next time I'm in the area!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem much quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I am delighted to hear that we have been able to take such good care of you during your early arrival dates. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our concierge lounge.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed one night for a trip to see a client the next morning. Arrived late in the evening and had to park my rental a decent hike from the front door.

The front desk gentlemen was extremely friendly with a smile. He confirmed my reservation and informed me that I had been put into a small suite. As I'm a Marriott Gold, I had access to the lounge on the top floor. The room itself was at the end of a long corridor so I knew it would be quiet. The room itself was large, a small living area, tv and desk. A bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi. Plenty of light. The bedroom also had a television and a large king bed. The bed itself was comfortable. The room looked like it had been remodeled but still showed its age. Closet doors, shower, furniture looked like something from the early 90s.

As a Gold member, wifi was free and it worked throughout the property. I did not get a chance to use the gym. I did run up to the lounge in the morning. You need to use your room key to get to the top floor. The lounge itself was small with a small breakfast area. There is one PC and printer there. The area itself was overwhelmed with people at 745am and there were no seats. I grabbed a muffin and some coffee and decided to just head back to my room.

The bill was under my door when I got up and was correct. There was also a newspaper.

Overall it is a decent business hotel. But the hotel shows its age and was not a bargain.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share the comments you made regarding the front desk host being so friendly with the desk team. Congratulations on your Gold Marriott Rewards status. We truly appreciate your loyalty. I hope you come back to our area soon and can see the new carpet we have begun to install and the upgrades we have made to the concierge lounge.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the interesting things about a hotel experience with a group of people is how different each one's experiences are in the same hotel at the same time. This was what I encountered recently at my stay at this Marriott hotel. I was personally quite pleased with the accommodations and service at the hotel though somewhat annoyed when the air-conditioning shut down every night and the room got quite uncomfortable as far as sleeping temperature. But I came down to the lobby in the morning after the first evening and was quite surprised by my colleagues experiences. One of them was unable to turn on the shower as the lever jammed and maintenance had to be called. Imagine that happening when you are in a rush to meet a group for a business meeting. Another individual went in her bathroom and found she was in the middle of a shower - from the floor above. Apparently the bathroom in the room above hers flooded and the water came down on her. Everyone complained of the temperature change during the night. The hotel restaurant served what I would call high-end bar food. Not bad, but not a destination restaurant. The wireless was strong. The rooms were quiet. Lighting was good. All in all, except for the minor catastrophes listed above I thought it was good enough for a business stay and my experience was just fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

I was glad to hear that you were overall pleased with the service and accommodations. Your response regarding the strong internet was also most welcomed. Please accept my apologies for the temperature and pluming issues you and your friends experienced. I have shared your comments with our engineering team. Enjoy the beautiful Charleston weather.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend in the cities. Never again.

Walls are paper thin. Was woken up 4-5 times during the night as people walked by. Complained to desk staff but nothing was done. Ultimately would have had a better nights sleep in my car.

The place is overpriced and soulless. I expected a lot better.

STAY AWAY.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerrywesterby

Please accept my apology for your inability to get a good night’s rest during your recent stay with us. If you are available I would welcome the opportunity to get additional feedback regarding your stay. Please feel free to contact me at 952-935-5500.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
#35 of 43 in Bloomington
Downtown
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Minneapolis Marriott West
#5 of 8 in Saint Louis Park

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Southwest? Share your experiences!