One of the interesting things about a hotel experience with a group of people is how different each one's experiences are in the same hotel at the same time. This was what I encountered recently at my stay at this Marriott hotel. I was personally quite pleased with the accommodations and service at the hotel though somewhat annoyed when the air-conditioning shut down every night and the room got quite uncomfortable as far as sleeping temperature. But I came down to the lobby in the morning after the first evening and was quite surprised by my colleagues experiences. One of them was unable to turn on the shower as the lever jammed and maintenance had to be called. Imagine that happening when you are in a rush to meet a group for a business meeting. Another individual went in her bathroom and found she was in the middle of a shower - from the floor above. Apparently the bathroom in the room above hers flooded and the water came down on her. Everyone complained of the temperature change during the night. The hotel restaurant served what I would call high-end bar food. Not bad, but not a destination restaurant. The wireless was strong. The rooms were quiet. Lighting was good. All in all, except for the minor catastrophes listed above I thought it was good enough for a business stay and my experience was just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a re-energized hotel near Minneapolis offering an ideal location, nestled amongst walking paths and perfect for outdoor excursions, yet close to highways and attractions. The Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, a premier hotel in Minnetonka, provides a haven for relaxing and socializing with an open lobby and MI Greatroom, a perfect spot to work or play. When not relaxing in our Greatroom or enjoying the outdoors, feel at home in over 300 spacious hotel rooms and suites, featuring luxurious touches such as plush Revive bedding and 37 inch flat screen TVs. Explore exciting amenities including a health club and heated indoor pool, or enjoy a bite to eat at Blue Birch, featuring eclectic regional cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With over 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including a scenic outdoor patio, our hotel is the ultimate venue for both large corporate retreats and intimate social gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Minneapolis Marriott Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minneapolis Marriott Southwest Hotel Minnetonka
- Marriott Hotel Minnetonka
- Marriott Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Marriott