We stayed in a king suite on the 14th floor for our anniversary. We got the couples getaway package where you got the champaign or cider, 2 breakfast buffet and late check out.
- Room was spacious it was the corner room and we had amazing views!
- The bed was so comfortable.
- The jacuzzi tub worked well. It fit two of us snug but well since we want to be closer to each other given the occassion. Solo jacuzzi fits perfectly.
- Loved the late check out! We were able to relax and enjoy ourselves without the pressure of needing to get out ASAP
- The top floors are 'concierge' floors and must have a special card key to access. I liked that and they were pretty attentive to when I needed additional towels etc. They seemed friendly and helpful.
- For an anniversary I liked that there were no kids or teenagers. It was a relaxing environment.
- The garden area was beautiful. Loved the big fountain and plenty of places to sit and enjoy it.
- The couches in the living room area need to be upgraded. It didn't fit the king suite room, felt old and rough.
- We found 2 small hairs in the tub. We had to clean it our before getting it prepared.
- The TV in the bedroom could have been bigger (swap the living room and bedroom TVs)
- I was not impressed with the breakfast buffet at all. It's regularly $16/pp. If it wasn't for the late checkout at 3pm that was included in the package, I would've felt really disappointed that I upgraded.
- One tip for the hotel is to partner with edible arrangements next door to get chocolate covered strawberries with the champaign/cider. We just bought ours at last minute - and this is what put the cherry on top of our stay. It came in a dozen but we really only wanted a few. I would've went for that instead of the breakfast buffet.
Overall, we were happy with our stay here for our anniversary. I really did my research on different places with jacuzzi king rooms and ended up here. We are more hotel with pool type people instead of a bed and breakfast. If your more B & B then go to Stillwater. We are also cost conscious and the price point worked well for us in comparison to a really nice b&b or hotel in downtown Mpls. So if you're like us - then you'd enjoy your stay! Just request a corner king suite on those top floors 14th-17th.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a re-energized hotel near Minneapolis offering an ideal location, nestled amongst walking paths and perfect for outdoor excursions, yet close to highways and attractions. The Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, a premier hotel in Minnetonka, provides a haven for relaxing and socializing with an open lobby and MI Greatroom, a perfect spot to work or play. When not relaxing in our Greatroom or enjoying the outdoors, feel at home in over 300 spacious hotel rooms and suites, featuring luxurious touches such as plush Revive bedding and 37 inch flat screen TVs. Explore exciting amenities including a health club and heated indoor pool, or enjoy a bite to eat at Blue Birch, featuring eclectic regional cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With over 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including a scenic outdoor patio, our hotel is the ultimate venue for both large corporate retreats and intimate social gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Minneapolis Marriott Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minneapolis Marriott Southwest Hotel Minnetonka
- Marriott Hotel Minnetonka
- Marriott Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Marriott