“Great Location”

Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for business trip in June 2013 and the location was pristine-just 22 minutes from the airport. The room was clean and with a tremendous view overlooking the valley of Minnetonka. The bed and pillows were comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with lots of fresh hot and cold options to choose from. The gym is on the first floor right next to the swimming pool. Great staff! Get away from downtown Minneapolis and visit this hotel if you are looking for great service and a nice relaxing location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing comments regarding the view. Many people do not realize how great the views are from our location. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The positive: The room was clean and a decent size. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast buffet looked good, with lots of fresh hot and cold options to choose from. Dinner at a function in the hotel restaurant was pretty good.

The negative: Despite having 2 confirmations in hand, the front desk staff was unable to find my reservation, so check in took much longer than it needed to. I had no maid service one day during my stay. The bathroom had an odor of urine. There was no paper or pen in my room. Though breakfast was apparently included in my room price, no one informed me that was so; I learned this a few days into my stay from someone else for whom I had made a reservation. While dinner was good, our wait staff was not. (The breakfast wait staff was good.)The in room coffee was horrible. And finally, though not the hotel's fault, a very rude woman took a half hour business phone call in the hallway in front of my room. When I finally asked her to please go elsewhere, she rolled her eyes and told me to "go away!" Again, while not the hotel's fault, the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

I was saddened to hear about the experiences you had regarding your room and reservation. Please accept my most sincere apology. I have taken your feedback and shared it with the leadership team to ensure future guests do not experience what you had. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Most recent stay at this nice property in the Marriott chain; this time for extended period of time (3 mo's).

Staff: Headline for this property is the staff. As in other longer stays (props to folks at Marriott BOS harbor), in the end, the people are what leave the great impression of the hotel. From manager Jasen Fountaine, to Mary Anne, Kim, Adam, Joannie, Katrina, to every one of the other staff members with whom I've interacted - each is without exception a pleasure. Uniformly professional, friendly, accommodating. As noted by others, an outstanding group of people work at this hotel.

Facility: Solid Marriott property - def better than some recent stays (e.g., horrible Marriott properties in ATL). Lobby, bar, and restaurant area look to have had update not long ago, and are nicely designed, modern, fresh, spacious, comfortable with nice fireplace area at one end. Pool, nice outside patio around water feature / pond, and several large conference / banquet rooms. Not lux, but quite nice and certainly solid destination for business trip.

Rooms: Standard rooms (King) are mixed bag - one had peculiar musty smell (noted by another reviewer). But are solid if not lux. Bathroom / vanity reminds of Residence Inn - read: def not lux. But, suites are nice and quite comfortable - spacious, well appointed, with larger bath, double sink vanity, separate tub & shower, and tele in main room and bedrm. Someone noted lack of microwave, but this was provided me immed on request - so just ask. Rooms are quiet (no notable noise from other rooms, guests, or outside).

Food: Staci's is solid. Usual mix of b'fast, lunch, dinner items - e.g., steak, chx, salmon, variety of sandwiches, apps, etc. Nothing that will blow you away, but good - and staff (e.g., Laura) are outstanding, as across this property. If there for some time, very close alternatives are: "Jimmy's" (restaurant and good sized bar with some quite good entrees, very good apps, incl Angus sliders, wings, flat breads - 5 min from hotel in same business park); "Pairings" (casual dine in and take out with wine, beer, and very nice selection of salads, pizza, flat breads, Italian, American and Mex entrees - also 5 min away and next to Pairings); "Campiello's" (very nice Italian restaurant, a bit less casual, great entrees, good wine list - just three blocks south on Shady Oak). Also three coffee shops, bagel shop, and Jimmy Johns within a couple blocks. So, lots of choices, but Staci's is def good bet for meal, rm service.

Location: Sits in business park (Opus) right next to UHC headquarters, and near many small businesses. Close to freeway, easy access. Western MSP suburbs (Minnetonka). Most of guests will be local business related.

All in all - very good property with an outstanding staff.

Room Tip: Suite, corner rooms best for comfort.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. Please rest assured that the staff will receive the recognition they deserve. Your feedback regarding the hotel was welcomed. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We love our Marriotts and beds.
The only thing we did not like was the water pressure in our room, but other than that it was great.
The Restaurant had friends staff and the salad I had was very very blood, we loved the people that served at the bar too .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy the restaurant and bar.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Standard Marriott setup, which we stay at a lot. Our first room smelled very musty. They moved us to a second one and the smell was only slightly better. The staff offered us air freshener but we would have preferred a better room. 10 minutes later they called to offer us a third room but no promise it would smell better. I'm not sensitive to smells so we stuck with the one we had, but if you are you might go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had while staying with us. If you would like to discuss in more detail please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel here was awesome! Close to everywhere. The airport was also close by which only made the experience better! The staff provided us with directions to many places and checked on us later! Awesome!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased to read that the staff was able to provide you with directions and make your stay an awesome stay. Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our Vizsla Club of America National Events was held at this hotel this year and it was above and beyond excellent. The accommodations were beautifully spacious as well as comfortable. The rooms were quiet as well as climate controlled for a restful stay. The hotel restaurants, in which we had all our meals from banquets to breakfast to lunches and several dinners, were fabulous. I had many of their menu choices and all were superb. All of the staff was friendly and accommodating. I only saw one waiter who was below par and thankfully he was not ours. I would certainly recommend this hotel for any business traveler. It was a bit out of the way, being located in an industrial area, for holiday travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We were excited to be the host hotel for your special event. I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel accommodations and staff. It is always the favorite part of my job to share comments like yours with the staff. The feedback regarding the restaurant and staff is also very much appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Southwest? Share your experiences!