My wife and I traveled to the Marriott Southwest last weekend where our friends were getting married. The ceremony and reception were also at the Marriott which was helpful so we pretty much spent the entire weekend at the hotel.
On Friday we flew in mid-morning and the front desk was able to get us in early without a problem. The room was very nice, we were sharing a room with another couple so the room had 2 double beds. The room featured a large TV with HD service, coffee maker, a mini-fridge. The furniture was modern and every corner of the room was super clean. WI-FI is NOT free which was ok with us since we didn't need it but if you were a business traveler that could be a problem.
Since we were early and most of our friends had not arrived yet, we went down to the lobby bar. The lobby area is pretty big with a long bar, table setting for the bar/restaurant, and a breakfast area. I had a couple of beers and my wife had an appetizer which was pretty good.
The food at the wedding reception was also very good, the staff was really helpful and courteous.
One review did mention an odd location which we didn't notice because we spent 95% of our time at the hotel however had we been there for any other function that may have been a small issue.
Overall it was a very clean and modern, full-service Marriott which I would recommended to anyone staying in the Minnetonka area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a re-energized hotel near Minneapolis offering an ideal location, nestled amongst walking paths and perfect for outdoor excursions, yet close to highways and attractions. The Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, a premier hotel in Minnetonka, provides a haven for relaxing and socializing with an open lobby and MI Greatroom, a perfect spot to work or play. When not relaxing in our Greatroom or enjoying the outdoors, feel at home in over 300 spacious hotel rooms and suites, featuring luxurious touches such as plush Revive bedding and 37 inch flat screen TVs. Explore exciting amenities including a health club and heated indoor pool, or enjoy a bite to eat at Blue Birch, featuring eclectic regional cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With over 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including a scenic outdoor patio, our hotel is the ultimate venue for both large corporate retreats and intimate social gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Minneapolis Marriott Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minneapolis Marriott Southwest Hotel Minnetonka
- Marriott Hotel Minnetonka
- Marriott Minnetonka
- Minnetonka Marriott