“Excellent Staff”

Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Marriott folks always do a nice job, but the staff here really set a high standard. I was here for business meetings and my retired husband came along. He enjoyed the fitness room, pool and walking paths. The chef proudly showed him his newly planted hydroponic garden - in the sauna room. The restaurant also has a large greenhouse where they grow many of their own herbs & veggies. The staff seemed truly happy to see us and were helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WestFox
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for the kind comments. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed the hydroponic garden and greenhouse. Our Chef is extremely proud of them and the ability to serve fresh vegetables and herbs.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business, it is a typical Marriott. The room was large and the staff friendly. The bar serves Starbucks coffee in the morning, which was convenient. The cleaning staff lacked an attention to detail. I was without coffee cups in the room by the second day because they were never replaced and a towel on day 2 had what looked like an apple stem or twig stuck to it (and a stain) They also stopped replacing towels by the third day even though the dirty ones were on the floor as instructed (took the used towels but didn't leave new ones). You'll have to check every night that you have what you need.

• Stayed: May 2012
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for the comments regarding the friendly staff. Please accept my apologies for the other issues you experienced during your stay. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to get additional details regarding your stay.

952-935-5500

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at this Marriott over the weekend, and loved it. The completely re-done front lobby and bar area is so much nicer now! I don't know if the staff recognizes me as a return visitor, or if they're just wonderfully friendly and welcoming to all guests. We booked a corner 1 bedroom suite, and loved the views from the 12th floor as well as the spaciousness of our room. We were given chocolate dipped strawberries and sparkling cider to welcome us as well + great breakfast in the restaurant every morning. My teenage step-daughter LOVED this.

I was chatting with some of the staff at the front desk about how much we always love staying at the hotel, and why we were in town (for my step-daughter's volleyball tournament). A couple of hours later, a wonderful hand-written note was delivered for my step-daughter (from Vel at the front desk) congratulating her on her volleyball tournament and thanking us for staying with them. It was accompanied by a free dessert. This is one of the most wonderful and thoughtful things a hotel has ever done for my family, and I've stayed in a LOT of different places. I'll always return to this Marriott and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EvieDTX
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I am expecially glad to hear that Vel was able to provide you with such great service. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with her and the staff.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

What a pleasant surprise for a suburban Marriott - a hip lobby, with gorgeous views of a pond, surrounded by outside seating. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and the concierge lounge one of the best I've seen (and I'm in a couple of Marriotts a month). I'd go out of my way to swing back through this hotel. I see this hotel working equally well for business or a nice get-away. Hats off to the staff and leadership.

Room Tip: High floors offer nice views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JohninRochester

Thank you for your continued loyalty. Upon your next visit you will see a new feature on the patio area by the pond. We have added a fire pit for everyone to enjoy. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Southwest and as a platinum elite member was upgraded to a jacuzzi suite...Nice! The room was spacious and comfortable. One note, there was no safe in the room. Also, if you have a jacuzzi, the hotel should at least provide one packet of bath salts? I received an awesome rate since it was a weekend. The executive level was closed; however, I received breakfast down at the hotel restaurant each day. The layout of the lobby is very nice. It has a the great room, which has free Wifi, a fireplace, and lots of seating with tables and electrical outlets. It's very user friendly. The location was good for getting downtown, mall of america, the university, etc. Highway 62 nearby hooks up with I 35 W, or you can take 169 to 494. Most locations are fifteen minutes away by car. The hotel has a shuttle for locations within a five mile radius. All in all, this hotel had friendly staff, nice facilities, and no hassles checking in and out. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi suite. You can upgrade easily on weekends.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jdmckay

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels, I am glad you enjoyed your upgrade. Thank you also for your suggestion about the bath salts. I would welcome some additional feedback on this when you have time. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Very nice stay at the Marriot in the King Whirlpool Suite. Bedroom separated from main living area. Very comfortable king sized bed with plenty of pillows. Excellent soundproofing. Television in the bedroom and living area, but had no desire or time to watch.
The whirlpool jacuzzi was large enough and comfortable enough for two. Plenty of towels. Nothing special about the bathroom amenities. The water closet is walled off from view which was nice. The hotel staff was very accomodating. The housekeeping staff missed cleaning the room, but as soon as they were notified they were right there to clean. The hotel is located on the west side of Minneapolis. Getting dowtown took less than a 10 minute drive.
Only one complaint. The airconditioning comes on like a roar without any control to turn down the fan. It didn't wake us up during the night, but for a light sleeper it might
there is a Caribou Coffee shop nearby as well as a Deli Restaurant. did not eat in the Marriot.
All in all a very nice, relaxing stay at a reliable, clean and friendly Marriot.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nycnative1919
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

I am very happy to hear that you were able to have a relaxing weekend while staying with us. The kind comments you posted about your stay are very much appreciated. I would like to offer my apology for the AC noise and housekeeping incident. I would welcome a call from you so I can identify what room you stayed in to ensure this noise issue is resolved. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is a very nice Marriott that's tucked away from many of the city's core attractions so I've never really had any issue getting an available room. I've stayed here a number of times in the past and it's never really changed in appearance other than some minor updates over the years - larger, flat panel TV's, better bedding, new carpet, etc. It probably does need some updating and I read on the news where Marriott was planning on some major upgrades this year across all their main Marriott hotels.

Some of the positive that I experienced during my stay were: bed was comfortable and new sheets and comforter for bed, the room was clean and, more importantly, smelled good. The restaurant serves very good food so if you're stuck in the hotel no need to worry. The bathrooms are nice, well maintained, and the shower has good water pressure and hot water is available immediately. If you're lucky enough to be a gold member you'll enjoy the concierge lounge which is excellent and well maintained with lots of god drinks and food. Lastly, the workout room is small but has very good equipment and enjoyable for working out. Some of the treadmills weren't working completely so they should inspect those each day.

Some of the improvement areas are pretty minor but worth listing. The air conditioning worked okay for the most part but it didn't seem to cool down very much. I was going for some cold air and it got cool in the room. The other thing that I firmly believe this hotel needs to invest in are humidifiers for use in the rooms. In the winter in Minnesota the rooms get dry and having a humidifier would be very helpful and make things more pleasant especially when you're there for a number of days. I know the Hilton Hotel about 5 miles away has a number of them they hand out to guests, this hotel should do the same. Money well spent.

All in all, a great hotel that's safe, very nice workers, and a great experience. You'll enjoy staying here for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are warmer so you need good AC to cool it down
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ScubaDiver9184
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear ScubaDive9184,

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your recent stay. It is comments like yours that help us continually improve our products and services. I will make sure that your comments are shared with the leadership team. Thank you for staying with us, I hope we can accomodate you again soon.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
Downtown
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Minneapolis Airport Marriott
#35 of 43 in Bloomington

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Southwest? Share your experiences!