“Horrible Customer Service!”

Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I checked in to this hotel at 7pm. The lady at the front desk had a name tag that said something something manager, so you'd expect her to be friendly as could be...WRONG! She was a [--]!! I checked in 2 rooms, with 2 friends, and 2 toddlers, and a 12 year old. This [--] charged $120 extra to my card for no reason. When I found out about it an hour after checking in by calling to see what my card balance was, I immediatley contacted the woman who checked us in. She refused to answer any questions as to why I was charged, saying only its hotel policy and that I should have read the fine print. I asked the woman for the fine print she was talking about and she couldnt give me anything. It's been 3 days since I checked out and my money has still not been put back on my card!

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank lindsl002
There are newer reviews for Minneapolis Marriott Southwest

Reviewed September 24, 2007

Marriott Minneapolis Southwest is a GREAT hotel. I'm not usually that crazy about large facilities, but this one is a gem. After reading the positive reviews by fellow TripAdvisor members, I booked 2 nights at this location, and my companion and I were extremely satisfied. The room was just right for us--beds that felt like sleeping on cozy marshmallows, a nice late-night bar, and super-quiet. We may have just been lucky, but we didn't hear a peep from anyone, and the place was pretty crowded. I will continue using TripAdvisor to guide my lodging choices. Hats off to Marriott!

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Full service hotel with all the amenities. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed July 13, 2007

The hotel and the room were absolutely gorgeous~the only thing lacking was courteous and friendly front desk check in employees~they were not friendly at all~

All in all a good stay though~

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2007

We stayed at the hotel for a romance package in February. We had a pleasant stay.

The bath was a little dated but no complaints.

The breakfast was a bit scant.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2007

As someone who suffers from migraine headaches, I felt obligated to write about the extremely strong scent this hotel "pipes" in. As I walked through the door, my first thought was that the woman in front of me was wearing too much strong cologne. Turns out - the entire LOBBY was wearing too much cologne. It was overpowering! We had to check out early and eat breakfast somewhere else because I would have had a pounding headache had I spent much time in the lobby/restaurant area. Fortunately we were on a high floor and the scent was not evident in the halls or rooms that high up.

That having been said, this Is a pleasant enough Marriott. Even though it's been remodeled, you can see that it's an older style hotel and was probably quite grand in its day but it's still nice - especially for a quick overnight stay to catch a plane or something like that. It's in the middle of a business park so it's a ghost town on the weekends (which isn't always a bad thing since it's quiet) and the "hi-rise aspect" makes for some nice views. Because it is in a business park be mindful that to eat anywhere other than the hotel's restaurant would require driving or using the bus. There is a bus stop outside the hotel and the buses were picking up on Friday night but you should probably ask in advance if they run on the weekends.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2007

Stayed here a couple weeks ago, just to get out of the house for the night. We stayed in a Jacuzzi Suite with 'The Romance Package'. This included strawberries/chocolate/champagne in the room upon arrival, room service breakfast in the morning and late check out.

This property is very nice and what I would expect from the Marriott brand. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and the bedding is really comfortable. The bathrooms are very clean, although a little outdated. All of the amenities are from Bath & Body Works, which is a nice touch.

Breakfast in the morning was delivered in the time frame we requested and was very good.

All in all it was an enjoyable stay, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StephieM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minnetonka
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Millennium Minneapolis
Millennium Minneapolis
#15 of 49 in Minneapolis
Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Southwest? Share your experiences!