“Great ice cream treats”

Snuffy's Malt Shop
Ranked #20 of 92 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The service is friendly and the malt/shakes are a real treat!

1  Thank martinlucy
There are newer reviews for Snuffy's Malt Shop

Reviewed July 2, 2012

So my husband and I were driving around Minnetonka when we came across Snuffy's. This is the style of restaurant we enjoy. Unfortunately, it was tempered by the unfriendly staff. It's a shame, the design and decor is adorable. The menu is limited, but acceptable for what type of restaurant it is. I enjoyed my meal, but my husband's fish sandwich was over done, we believe the grease was old and too hot; his malt was runny; and onion rings done in the same old, hot grease. We witnessed 3 meals (from 3 different tables) going back. But the gentleman that sat us was the most unpleasant individual, and honestly was not one to be hosting. From reading other reviews, I'm thinking he might be the owner? Really? I tried to be fair by thinking he's having a rough day, but it sounds like he is having a rough year? I wish Sunffy's the best, it has tons of potential, but with the current staff, it is bound to suffer. Think about the service you expect, and give one step above!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Ok, I know I've had god food here...but the real reason to go is the real cherry cokes. Delicious! Not from the coke machine, but made with real cherry syrup and coke (or diet coke)...the best! Anyway, this is one of the few places that still makes 'em and they are a treat! Also, if you're in western burb of Chicago try Munchie P's of Geneva, IL or in AZ try Kendall's of Prescott.
I know that Snuffy's also has good fries, burgers and grilled sandwiches!

1  Thank sjmagee
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to Snuffy's within the past 10 days. The malts are fantastic but they need a lesson in how to serve a good hot dog. We had the Chicago Dogs and the buns were ice cold. So cold in fact, they wouldn't even fold around the hot dog! I ended up eating the dog with a knife and fork since the bun broke apart. We mentioned this to the server and she said "oh, they must have forgotten to grill them". When she came back to our table we were informed that the buns are never grilled and if that's the way we want them we need to ask next time.

I doubt there will be a next time!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have in the past visited this establishment many times and I have tried to put up with the horrible grumpy mustached man (who apparently is the manager)and even have tried to kill him with kindness to no avail. After talking up the restaraunt to some co-workes and having been embarassed by this gentlemans rude acts of behavior after he was clearly upset when more prospects entered his establishment by ways of shaking his head in disgust at their turned backs in clear site of every other customer, he then went on to make obseen gestures at the waitress from behind the serving area when she was relaying a message to him that we wanted BBQ sauce. I proceeded to point out this act of disrespect to our server and offer my sympothy when she began to argue with me and defend his behavior. All in all that was the last straw for me after many years as a loyal regular customer. I highly recomend finding another option for your evening out,

3  Thank fatboy420