“Nice place Boring food”
Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 101
Transit: Free Round Trip Car Service in our new 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Up to 6 people
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant to go hangout have a drink or two before dinner. But dinner wasn't that amazing, wasn't bad, just bland. Their menu could use some updating.... Great pizza Neapolitan style. Would recommend to check it at least once.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've been here three times and had three different entrees. I've been disappointed all three times. The first time I ordered a chicken sandwich, it was so blah and was $13. Next time I ordered salmon. $24 for a 2"x3" piece of salmon that tasted way too fishy and mashed potatoes that were cold and those cost $5 for two spoonfuls. Minute portions for sure. So, one final time I go, giving Spasso another chance and I get the skirt steak. Holy cow was this beyond tough! My jaw ached from chewing so much. It took ten minutes to chew one piece and it had little flavor. Of course, this portion was huge because it was crap food and the dogs wouldn't even eat it. $17 for that. The bright spot was Mary, our waitress. She was sweet, polite not smothering or hovering. Well done, Mary. Save your money, this place is not worth it. I never write reviews, yet I felt so strongly about my experience here I had to write. Spasso is touted as so great, wonderful atmosphere, terrific food blah, blah, blah, but it really isn't. It just isn't. Don't be fooled, go elsewhere.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Spasso is a great neighborhood restaurant. Best of all, they have a nice wine list and offer at straight retail prices, or allow you to bring a bottle from the Wine Shop next door at no corkage. The food can be very good, but is sometimes inconsistent. The menu is varied, but not so much it strings them out. Best bets are the sausage and bean stew, tenderloin tips, risotto fritters, pizzas, steak and walleye. The pastas are average. Service is generally good, unless they are full. It seems the restaurant has more physical capacity than they staff up for. Now they've been open several years, they should have this down. A really nice touch is the Spasso limo.

1  Thank RSJ50
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This great casual restaurant is my "go to" lunch favorite. Wait staff ,especially Lee Ann and Gwen, remember us and treat us like family. Polenta fries, veggie lasagna, risotto fritters are my favorites. And you can't beat their prices on wine. Same price as the attached wine shop next door.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I ordered a top sirloin rare, the first steak came out medium well, The second one was at best medium rare. The steak was tough, so I say if you want a well done tough steak this is the place for you. It was interested that they charged my for both steaks but then removed one charge. I think that after several not good experiences I should have learned a lesson, my bad. Friend had a pizza which he said was good,