“Outstanding Meal with Great Atmosphere”

Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shady Oak Drive
Description: Located at Crosstown Hwy 62 and Shady Oak Road, Jimmy’s Food and Cocktails features contemporary and traditional American cuisine with global influences, market fresh fish and seafood, Certified Angus Beef steaks and chops, slowly roasted baby back ribs, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas, burgers and hand-crafted sandwiches, served in a rich, handsome upscale-casual atmosphere.
Bloomington
“Outstanding Meal with Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We always enjoy coming to Jimmy's. It's a bit on the expensive side for us, so when I read they were part of Restaurant Week with prix fixe menus, I said let's go! We started with the crab cakes, which were mouth-watering good. Next was the Caesar Salad, which was wonderful, though I asked for a bit more dressing. The best part of all was my 6 oz. filet mignon, which melted in my mouth. I don't know how they seasoned it but it was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. My husband had the shrimp and crab stuffed walleye, with which he has also very happy. For dessert they served just a bite of a choice of offerings, and they were perfect as well. They have outdoor dining and a wonderful dining room and bar. There were families, groups of friends, couples everything.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank candyminnesota11

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great steak, everything else adequate”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had dinner on a monday. It was not packed but busier than I thought it would be. I thought the decor was a little odd. Their huge chandeliers with big plastic/composite bowls and Ikea shades looked tacky. Their graffitti-ish mural on the wall is colorful but seems out of place in a nice restaurant. The wedge salad was decent, 20 oz bone-in ribeye was beautifully cooked and delicious. The sides that came with the steak were ok, I was just grateful that sides were included.

Visited July 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“You call THAT a salad?!?!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went today for lunch. I work within a mile of the place and haven't been in two years, that should tell you something. I ordered the wedge salad and a cup of soup. The wedge was $6, very reasonable. What I usually expect to be a 1/2 or 1/4 of a head of lettuce came out as what would equate to a peach cut in half with 3 cherry tomatoes cut in half and 1 piece of bacon sliced into pieces. The bleu cheese and the dressing were great and the soup was great but seriously?? The server was nice but I will go to Pairings next time for a big girl salad.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank YelpSucks
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Noise level is deafening. Forget having a conversation.”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've tried this restaurant several times with the same result--unbearable noise level, and it doesn't matter if it's lunch or dinner. Our table could not conduct a conversation. The last time I asked for a booth thinking that the upholstery would absorb some of the sound. It didn't and we ended up going somewhere else for dessert so we could have the visit we'd intended to have at dinner. Too bad. I like the decor and the food, but the Twin Cities has may other good restaurant choices that are more attuned to customers' needs.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank OnTheRoadAgain1954
Zearing, Iowa, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Was very impressed with the food!! I have eaten there 6 times now as i am here on business and every time its amazing!!

Visited May 2014