“Enjoyable dinner”

Hazellewood Grill and Tap Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Hazellewood Grill and Tap Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

After driving by this quite often, decided to finally have dinner with family. Staff was very friendly. Amongst the 4, we had pork chops, cioppino, meatloaf and a healthy bowl. We all found our meals large and very delicious. I think the only issued that bothered us at the end of the meal, was getting the check when we were finished with dinner. Would definitely come back and try again. I hear there gouda hashbrowns at breakfast are delicious!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Got seated in a corner booth in the bar area. After 15 minutes and no server went and got hostess. Manager came over and apologized. We talked about their gluten free menu. They were in the process of changing menus so they had no GF menu available. Chef suggested a pasta with rice noodles. We ordered that and the pork chops and asked the waitress to make sure that the pasta was gluten free. They brought the pasta dish out with a slice of bread on top of it that was not GF. We asked that they make a new one because they had contaminated that dish. They took the bread off and put the pasta on a new plate in less than 15 seconds. By then the dish was ice cold so they claimed they made a new one. Three tries. The pork chops were thin, tough, and cold. After clearing our table we had to look for someone to get our bill. Once we got our bill we waited over 10 minutes and had to have someone take our card. Total bill was $103.00 and took almost 2-1/2 hours.

1  Thank richard63228
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Took a while, but decided to give the place another try. First, clean the front door! The windows are thick with fingerprints and it's unappetizing. Order the chicken meatballs and they are delicious. The hot popovers with maple butter were very good. We tried a pasta dish and the clay pot salmon. Both were prepared very well. The side vegetable was much to salty. They were out of a few beers that we were interested in trying. Service started attentively. Our server was friendly enough, but somewhere mid way through the meal visits were getting further and further apart. We waited quite sometime to pay the bill. Overall the service ended up slow. Food was vastly improved from my last visit and would give them another try.

1  Thank PlanetR
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Things started out with the hostess trying to seat us in a table at the dead center of the restaurant. When we asked to move to a table one over, she went and asked someone and came back to tell us that we couldn't move. She asked if that was ok and was utterly ambivalent when I responded that we evidently had no choice.She then took the Reserved sign from our table and places it on the table that we had asked for. I was about to go nuclear when evidently calmer heads prevailed at the hostess stand and she came back to move us.

The food is ok, nothing to write home about. Our server had to confirm a substitution of bacon for ham for my wife which seemed a tad odd. The 4 egg omelette had 3 eggs max, the ham inside was quite tasty and made an otherwise underwhelming dish have at least a little flavor. The malted waffle was nice and crisp, but definitely nit malty.

Through it all, there was at least beer. Were it not for that, I'd be hard pressed to stand this restaurant up against a Denny's or Perkins and find anything to differentiate them.

1  Thank ACuriousTongue
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This restaurant was new to me, I was in town to visit my brother and he decided to take me and my 2 adult children to breakfast here.

What a nice surprise! The restaurant was modern, clean and the food delicious!! Try the smoked gouda hashbrowns at breakfast - they are to die for!

Only one small complaint . . when they brought the food out, they forgot to include my daughter's order (which was nothing extraordinary or special - just pancakes) but that was fairly quickly remedied. Service could have been a tad better and more attentive.

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant and I do plan to return in the future!