“Great Burgers!!”

Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We kept the old handcrafted favorites: the signature burgers, sandwiches, hand cut fries. And added a surprise or two: Elk burger, house made bacon? Hello. And just wait until you see the 1880's bar and enjoy our happy hour specials Monday - Friday from 3-6 and 2-5 on weekends. Bring the family, the friends, the neighbors. Private room available with seating for 50 or cocktail parties for up to 75. Full service patio and deck.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a sports bar, very nice atmosphere. Soccer jerseys hang over the bar. They have several tv's on showing sports. The burgers are very good. They are over priced, but good. I had the build your own burger and it was good. The fries were also good, more of a thin fry, but good. Also, keep in mind the kitchen closes early. 10pm.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our family went here when visiting from out of town for a youth soccer tournament. I had the Top Shelf Burger. It was so good and the sweet potato fries were excellent. My family all built their own burgers. The pretzel bun was a favorite. The burgers were cooked almost perfectly. The warm brownie dessert was tasty. We might go there again tonight. We liked the energetic atmosphere of this place.

1  Thank 386trugrit
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We used to go to the Gold Nugget when it was the old hole in the wall years ago, before the complete rebuild, and it was great then for a quality burger. Now, it's unrecognizable from that original place, but still has great burgers, a diverse menu, and friendly service. There are TVs with sports, but not so much to make it a "sports bar", a private room you can rent (based on food minimum) for parties, groups or events, and a host of seating from restaurant to booth to bar to high top. And the food is great - a wide variety of tasty burgers, including increasingly innovative specials, and a large number of other dishes from their special meatloaf to original salads. Truly something for just about everything. Add a decent selection of beers and you have a winner (and they're a winner in the Twin Cities for their burgers too). Great for family, after-work happy hour, or just about any situation. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Gold Nugget has consistently good food and service. Love the outside area in the summer. Great beer selection too. It's the best place in that area of Minnetonka.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I heard about the Gold Nugget on the radio earlier this week and a cursory look at the menu made me decide to give it a shot.

First off, if you like onions this is the place for you. It seems like every burger, app, entrée, salad had something from the onion family in it- tater tots with green onions in them served with a bacon leek sauce, burgers with onion rings, carmelized onions, raw onions, etc. Burgers themselves with onion in the patties. Not hard to find an onion here.

One problem: my wife and I hate onions.

Putting that aside, the BBQ lucy that my wife had was quite undercooked; I'm kind of surprised that she ate as much of it as she did. This was also the aforementioned patty with onion in it. The hand cut fries were a little too thick to get that good crispy exterior/soft interior balance that one would expect. I had the stadium burger- basic burger with American cheese on a pretzel bun served (perplexingly) with a side of jalapeno nacho cheese. It wasn't half bad- good bread/burger balance, patty had a nice amount of pink to it even if it could have been a little jucier. I would have liked a little more cheese on it. Again, not half bad, but nothing that makes it stand out.

They do have a good beer selection and the house Amber ale was actually pretty tasty. My wife had a chocolate malt that was pretty darn good as well.

You'd think that I would learn by now not to be disappointed when trying new places in Minnesota, but I always go in hopeful to find that One Place. The Gold Nugget isn't it. If I was in the neighborhood and starving I would go back without too much hesitation. But I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to come back.

1  Thank ACuriousTongue