“Always a Delight”

Redstone American Grill
Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 394 and Ridgedale Drive
Wichita, Kansas
“Always a Delight”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Red stone is always on my must stop list when visiting Minneapolis. Outstanding service in a comfortable atmosphere. The Sea Bass is the best I have had anywhere. The steaks are all aged and grilled to perfection. Overall a great dining experience.

• Visited May 2013

Cupertino, California
“Must Try”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great atmosphere. Families with small children as well as a Bar area where singles can meet. Sounds like not good mix, but they get away with it. Then comes great grub...no..., fine food. Either way, cooked as ordered. Delivered with Super Service.

• Visited April 2013
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“REDSTONE NEVER DISSAPOINTS”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After attending the Art IN Bloom SHOW at the MINNEAPOLIS INSTITUTE OF ART my girlfriend ,and I stopped for lunch at REDSTONES IN MINNETONKA. It was great to see people dinning on the Patio after a very long winter, however, we opted to dine inside.

I had the BLACKENED WALLEYE SANWICH with the cloe slaw. The vodka gimlet was generous compared to most bars, Normally there is more ice than vodka.

My friend chose the ROTISSERIE CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD, with grape tomatoes, applewood smoked bacon, golden raisins, sweet corn, blue cheese with a honey lime vinagrette. She said, "Marvelously delicious."

I also suggest the TUNA AHI off the appetizer menu. It is enough for two people and very delicious.

I also have had a wonderful experience ordering the WALLEYE DINNER, it was exceptional and creative.
Marilyn G.
Plymouth, MN

• Visited April 2013
Mukilteo, Washington
“Solid, if a bit pricey”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The good:
- The food was excellent. I had the ribeye, and while it was a little underdone, it was a good piece of meat, maybe 14 ounces, well trimmed.
- Substitutions were honored with no complaints.
- Service was friendly and correct; everyone got what they ordered.
- Appetizers came quickly.

The bad:
- Service was a little slow. Normally, I like time to eat, but we were a large party that came in late and had a 30 minute wait; we wanted to eat and leave. I would have hoped the waitstaff would have picked up on it and moved the meal along a little faster.
- No one likes to wait. We had 10 people and no reservation, so I don't hold it against them, but it made us even later. It would have been nice if the hostess had tipped off the waiter that we were in a bit of a hurry.
- Other than the salad, there weren't a lot of entrees under $25. Some of the pricey options looked really good, but I can't see almost $30 for meatloaf.

Bottom line: it was a good meal. Value is a harder question. Certainly the ribeye was a pretty good deal at $38. Some of the other prices were questionable.

Visited March 2013
Sparta, Wisconsin
“not what I would expect”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I were visiting our adult children and celebrating my husbands birthday last September. We had eaten at Redstone in the past and decided it would be a great place for a birthday celebration. The food is pricey but I don't mind paying more for quality food. I ordered a ribeye and it was the toughest steak I have eaten. I order my steaks medium to medium rare so it wasn't that it was over cooked. I believe this may have been a select cut not choice, but for the price I paid it should not be select. Because we were celebrating and everyone elses food was good I didn't say anything. Awhile late I decided it was important for them to know that it was a terrible steak. I emailed and they responed wanting to know where we ate, the tme, date... I gave it to them and never heard another word. I emailed again, just wanting an answer to what went wrong. I have not heard a word. We will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012