“Power Outage - Promised Refund & No Follow-up!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Thrill Factory

Big Thrill Factory
Maple Grove, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Power Outage - Promised Refund & No Follow-up!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Brought my son and friends to BTF for his birthday. Purchased 7 2-hour unlimited packages for he and his friends. 45minutes into the 2 hours their power went out and they closed down for the night. I was asked to leave my contact info & told that I would be refunded the $165, but no one has called me back. I have talked to TWO "managers" on two occasions and one promised a refund and even took my credit card number down to credit. Two weeks have passed and STILL no credit. Thumbs down on this place for being a total rip-off!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank MNfeedback

Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Too Much for a family”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was excited to have something like a "grandslam" all inclusive indoor recreation place arrive in Minnetonka - but it is sooo expensive you can not take a family or youth group there without spending 20 bucks or more per person - I really think they should rehtink the cost of thier "packages" to be more budget freindly and they would get lots more people to come - Dissapointed but hpoeful they will come down in price before they go out of business -

Visited March 2013
10 Thank Tom K
Elk River, MN
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great place for a tween B-Day Party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We celebrated our 12 y/o B day at the Big Thrill Factory. We bought the extreme teen pack which features 3 hrs of unlimited play, bottomless pop and a pizza that truly fed about 12 of us! Total was $279 + tax and tip for the 6 girls to have unlimited wrist bands with the party pack. We could have instead chose just the wrist bands with no party and additional stuff for $25. We had a party host that was in charge of our party plus a couple other parties, her name was Nat and she did an excellent job, was very energetic and helpful and provided for everything we needed. As for the amenities here, the ropes course is not very large, but was still fun for all of us. The kids really enjoyed laser tag and the other options. The arcade is spendy, you don't win the amt of tickets you would at chuckee cheese and the junk the kids can buy with their tickets is also 'over priced'. There is sure a lot to do, and there will be even more this summer when they open the outside amenities as well. There were lockers available and you can buy a paddlelock for a buck. As we were leaving (and the tween parties are only available from 8-11 pm on fri and sat) one of the kids said "I could stay and play another hour at least" and the other kids agreed. So all in all, it was a great time, the kids were exhausted (which is one of my top goals when I have them for a slumber party) so we were very happy and will return to check out the summery activities in June:)

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Jill008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Small Thrill, Big Price - Need to decide on target customer.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went with family to check it out. First of all, to me it's a strange mix of activities. There is a little kid climbing area that looked fun for anyone up to about 8 yrs old, sort of like a McDonalds play land. Some video games with ticket counter, many of the games were out of order. They have a few lanes of bowling that looked cool but we did not do it as we have non bowlers in the family. They have a ropes course that looked good for kids up to about 10yrs. along with a very small bumper cars area. The Laser tag area was decent and fun for all ages. It looks like they will be opening some mini golf and trampoline areas once the weather is warmer. We got a two hour unlimited pass that cost about $100 and didn't include any bowling or food. Not a great deal - as all we ended up doing was playing laser tag as our kids are too old (12yrs) for anything else. The food looked pretty good, but the service was so slow we decided to go elsewhere to eat. It took us about 15 min. to get a bottle of water from the food area. I would say, as is - this place is good for kids under 10, any older and they will be bored in about 15 min as we were. hopefully the mini golf will be decent as it could help with a more varied crowd. They need to decide who they want the audience to be and dial in the activities for them, as it didn't look like they were a big hit or value with either a young or older kid crowd. We couldn't wait to get out of there - but paid so much we had to stay.

Visited March 2013