“Good food, hit-or-miss service”
Review of Hurricane Grill & Wings - CLOSED

Hurricane Grill & Wings
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: The Hurricane Grill & Wings® relaxed beach atmosphere is the newest family-friendly restaurant for the "Minnesota Nice" folks of Minnetonka. With a wide variety of savory menu items and 32 signature sauces and rubs, Minnetonka residents can rest assured that Hurricane Grill & Wings offers options for every member of the family. Famous for their award-winning, fresh-never-frozen jumbo chicken wings, available in 32 flavors, Hurricane Grill & Wings also specializes in quality food with bold island-inspired flavor. The extensive menu starts with tempting appetizers like Hurricane's World-Famous Garlic & Parmesan Fries and Firecracker shrimp; entrees such as the Grilled Mahi-Mahi and 100% Half-Pound Angus Steak Burgers; and desserts including Chocolate Chocolate Cheesecake and truly tropical Key Lime Pie.
Round Rock, Texas
“Good food, hit-or-miss service”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been here several times, and have always had great food. The grouper sliders are my favorite. I had very poor service on my last two visits. I waited a very long time for drinks, and to place an order. The food came fairly quickly, and arrived hot. The place has been pretty empty every time I've been there.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joseph B

Minneapolis
“Chaotic Service - Understaffed”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Tried this place with a Groupon on a Sunday night around 6 pm. Even though it was half empty, we had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Turns out they were severely short staffed, and confusion was the rule of the evening. Got served food but had to ask for silverware. Had the shrimp skewers which were OK but not memorable. Young server tried hard but was in over her head. Manager stopped by but was flustered with the chaos Funny thing was that the place was half empty. Food OK, service chaotic. Doubt we will give it a second shot.

1 Thank GWest777
Dayton, Ohio
“Decent Wings, Great Sauce”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Since I relocated to MN from Ohio, I have been on a wing hunt so to speak to try and find anything that compares to my old spot, Rooster's. This was my latest venture. Sat at the bar and was promptly served. Bartender was readily available whenever we needed to order or get a new drink. My wife highly recommends their Bloody Mary. Started off with the Stormin Buffalo Chips which were very good - basically homemade potato chips topped with a few of their sauces and other toppings. Ordered the 20 wing sampler and had the Fire & Ice, Boss Sauce, Honey Garlic, and Parm Garlic sauces. If you like heat, go for at least their Category 4 as the 2 Category 3 sauces were medium level but flavor wise were very good. The wings as BW3 style meaning no breading and no wing tips, and on the smaller side. The sauce choices and flavors are where it is at. To date, the best wings I have found in MN to my liking but would put them down the list a bit in the overall category. Good place, will be back when in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Trabba
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not all that good”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my folks for my dad's birthday and overall we were not very impressed. The food was okay, although my dad was very happy with his fish chips. The boneless wings were bland and our server, bless her heart, was not all that great.
Note: Happy Hour prices on food only apply in the bar.

2 Thank C_Jeltema
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Sauce Lovers place”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The food here seems very uninspired but they do have good sauces for your to experiment with. We had a book club group there with 8 guys and the only ones who seemed to like the food were the guys who ordered wings.

Visited March 2014