“Delicious Food and Fun Atmosphere”
Review of Pairings Food and Wine Market - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pairings Food and Wine Market
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Delicious Food and Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Pairings has delicious food served cafeteria style in a lovely open space. It's nice to order food and then run next door to the wine market to pay liquor store prices for a bottle of wine or beer to eat with your food. I've been to Pairings for brunch, lunch, and dinner and have never had a meal I didn't love. The pastas and pizzas are great, fantastic salad and entrees too. More like a bistro than a cafeteria.

• Visited April 2013

“Tasty food for an enticing price!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I travel to the area on a weekly basis, and make a point to stop at Pairings. I LOVE the butternut squash panini. The mix of flavors is hard to beat. I like that you can pair everything with a salad, and it is already included in the price. Pairings also has a cute dessert display, that has scrumptious treats that seem to change on a daily basis.

I would certainly recommend Pairings!

Chicago, Illinois
“More a lunch spot than a nice dinner with wine”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After reviewing the website, I thought I was going to be eating at a nice restaurant with the opportunity to enjoy wine pairings with my meal or be able to purchase wine flights. When I arrived it was laid out more like a Panera with wine and beer. However, if you want a salad, you have to make it yourself and have it weighed before paying. This concept isn’t all that bad, but here it is quite chaotic—it’s not clear where the line begins and ends. The night I was there, people were crossing back and forth and were confused where they should go, especially if they wanted a salad. After ordering, I took my seat at the bar and attempted to get some suggestions for what wine I should try with my food. I was told I could have tastes of any wine I wanted, but that there was no knowledgeable bartender available. I learned that a bartender only works Thursday-Sunday nights. I decided to have some prosecco with my appetizer, which could only be purchased as a split. This was fine, but I was taken aback when the server poured the whole split into a wine goblet instead of a flute. The goblets and the flutes were lined along the counter right next to each other. My first question is, if you are only going to sell splits and plan to serve them in goblets, why even have flutes? My next question is, if you are trying to sell yourself as a place with extensive wine knowledge, why is sparkling not served in a flute, or at least give the customer a choice of glass? As for the wine list, it was pretty lacking—short and not a whole lot of diversity. I was very disappointed with my experience here as I felt like I was misled by the website. However, the food was actually quite good. I would highly recommend this place for lunch, but go somewhere else if you are looking for a nice dinner experience.

1 Thank Javajules
minneapolis,
“You can taste the freshness of their ingredients in the food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I liked that they offer good and contemporary food and made from scratch! That is rare nowadays. There is a freshness and quality to the food they serve. The ambiance too is contemporary and relax. Their desserts/pastries are good too. Even their appetizers although, a bit pricey...

Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“High energy”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Love the walk up order process and the table side delivery. Can be a quick lunch stop with a fresh personalized salad or a lounging night with a group of peers while you sip on wine that you can purchase in their attached wine shop (or buy in restaurant too).

• Visited January 2013