“Convenient and Clean”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Minnetonka
Tallahassee, Florida
“Convenient and Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We like to stay here when we come to visit family. It is easy and convenient to find, there are easy food options nearby (Caribou Coffee, Jimmy Johns) and there is an excellent walking trail behind the hotel that is really nice to use - especially after a long car trip.

I think they charge too much - and that's too bad. It is a good hotel, and we like it. They could update their breakfast though - and have more fresh fruit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. The hotel is very convenient to family. This hotel fills up fast during the week for business travel. We've found their prices to be too expensive for us for this brand. We expect to pay $100 -$135 a night. Even with a discount (AAA) this hotel is asking and getting $165 - $230. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The breakfast choices were good except they ran out of pancakes for three days. (They could have pulled the pancake maker...no one would be the wiser) We'll be moving on to another hotel from now on

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Booboo6737
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Booboo6737,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you appreciated our friendly staff service. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the value of our hotel. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The beds were Comfortable and the rooms were clean
There were Great breakfast choices - meat, egg, pancakes, cereal, warm cinnamon rolls(these were the best)
Quiet - our room was next to the elevator and we could not hear it
Friendly

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank LRCBME
Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Had a small snafu at check in with room rate but they honored the price I was originally told. They have recently renovated and it was very nice for a $100 room. There were still some small things to do but overall great! Nice lobby. Lots of places to sit. Did not stay for breakfast but did check it out and was impressed with it as well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank angusoaks11
Zearing, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I don't like going out to town for business. When i do i just want it to feel like home. Thats exactly what the Holiday Inn Express in Minnetonka felt like. The staff was amazing specially Hannah, she will do whatever she can to make sure your stay is the best it can be. If you have questions she is happy to answer anything as i don't know my way around very well in the cities. I was so impressed on the cleanliness of the hotel as well. I really have nothing but great things to say about this place!! Thanks for providing such great service to your guests, and genuinely caring about them having a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Derek Z
Middleton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

HI Express properties are consistently good for me. This one had a spacious room, comfortable easy chair, and located close to good restaurants. For business on the southwest side of Twin Cities, it's a good choice, and I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Carlsonce
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've spent most of the last month at this hotel for work. Awesome staff, who now know my name every time I check in. The hotel had a grand reopening party while I was there, so we got to see the staff recognized for their excellent customer service during the upheaval of a total hotel makeover.

The rooms are comfy, the bed and pillows are great for sleeping in and the free breakfast is pretty darn amazing.

While it's not too close to many restaurants for a person who doesn't want to rent a car in a huge city, there are a few places close by, including a Jimmy John's sandwich shop, a restaurant/sports bar with very good food called Jimmy's, a cool restaurant bar with a beer garden called Pairings and a Caribou coffee. Like I said, all good, but when staying there 5 nights out of 7 for over a month, I'm getting a little tired of what's right there.

But, it's very close to many corporate facilities, and despite being mostly full while I've been there it has been quiet for the most part, which allowed me to do my work and sleep with no problems.

I'm home this week, and it's kind of a bummer to have to find my own breakfast, make my own bed and clean my own bathroom.

Miss you guys, see you next week! Julie B~ American Family Insurance

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms do not face the sign or the flood light that illuminates it. Upgrading to a suit...