Ways to Experience Confederation Bridge
from $60.90
More Info
from $358.98
More Info
All reviews new brunswick prince edward island an engineering marvel nova scotia northumberland strait speed limit takes about minutes ice covered ferry service toll construction bridge pei miles view traffic canada
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2018

It was on a Sunday morning when we drove through the Confederation Bridge. The Bridge was long and there was not much traffic on that day. Before we went to the bridge we eat and shop under the bridge. The small mall before the bridge is called Gate Way. We ate at a place famous for its clam chowder. After lunch, we started to drive across the bridge which we had to pay and we were told coming back from New Brunswick is free. On the bridge, there is a speed limit and camera are mounted on the bridge to monitor your speed. As I was driving across to New Brunswick I was admiring the ocean and the birds flying on the bridge. It was a spectacular view what I saw. In my thoughts, I was as if I am driving my car through the water and not on the bridge. I thought who every build this bridge should be commendable, because of its engineering construction was impossible before but now with technology and science approaching the 21 centuries, nothing is impossible. One day I would like to drive the bridge again and feel as if I am sailing through the ocean on my car.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The curved, 12.9 kilometre (8 mile) long bridge is the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water, and continues to endure as one of Canada's top engineering achievements of the 20th century.

Definitely exciting crossing the bridge but not much of a view of the bridge itself in a car. They say to take a ferry back to get a view but what would you do with your car ? ‍♀️

$47 toll charge for the bridge

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We travelled across the Confederation Bridge a week ago in our 38" motorhome was very cool, what a structure, took a video of the crossing.

1  Thank Kismutt
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We took the ferry from nova scotia to PEI. Then took bridge back .toll was $47 .
It is an interesting bridge and certailny quick to get back to nova scotia

1  Thank loraine01
Reviewed October 6, 2018

I always find it interesting to see anything that is 'the world's only' or ' world's longest' etc. So this is the world's longest bridge built over water. Nice looking bridge. Very simple design. Great views of it from the park in New Brunswick. It costs $47. for a car and you only pay when you're leaving P.E.I. No tolls from NB side.

Date of experience: September 2018