“Amazing Service, Great Hotel”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I am currently a guest at this hotel, and have decided to stay for the next three weeks. Outstanding Service from desk staff, and Manager.

The Suite was very clean located on the 12th floor which includes a king bed, living room area with sofa bed, chairs, tables, etc, an area with a refrigerator and microwave, coffee pot, etc. High speed wired and wireless internet in the rooms, excellent fitness center and Starbucks in the lobby.

The bed is amazing in this room. Water pressure is good, and as hot as I can stand. Housekeeping is on their toes to ensure all amenities are stocked.

A very pleasant stay, and will return.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveling_Cub

Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed at this hotel with a reward stay. The location was great for us, as it was near the stadium and was well within walking distance to the bar district.
Hotel staff were incredibly friendly, and wanted to make sure our stay was a good one. When we needed things like extra towels,glasses and even a couple of chairs,as we had 6 in the room,they were brought to us within a few minutes. Hotel is a little dated, and our pullout sofa wasn't the greatest. We would definately stay here again,

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pumper10
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while in Minneapolis on business. The location was fantastic; very close to Nicolette Mall with good restaurants and shopping. The room was decent...furniture was a little worn, and I was unable to have the A/C turned on high due to the very loud rumbling noise coming from the fan. The toilet and shower could have been cleaner - the top of the toilet seat was dirty and there was hair in the shower). On the plus side, the bed was VERY comfortable. Overall, it was an adequate hotel if you need to be close to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dbTexas
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Great location, however the hotel has no frills feel in common areas and rooms. My room visable mold in the bathroom, the microwave had to be at least 25 years old, and was in bad need of updating.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We are on the 3rd day of our stay and on the 12th floor, with drilling and hammering going on above us for the 3rd day from about 3 to 6pm. When I spoke to the front desk yesterday at 4pm to complain because it was so annoying, she told me it would stop by 6pm so "not much longer". no other option was offered. I'm sorry, but when you have already been listening to this for 1 hour straight, 2 more hours does not seem like "not much longer". This is on a Saturday too. Tomorrow is Sunday and it will probably continue. If you like to take a nap before dinner, this is not an option. Also, when we checked into our room, it was freezing. I was told it was a one pipe system and they had not switched to heat yet, but they would bring me a space heater. The high is 50 degrees, what are they waiting for?! Of course, the maintenance person told me they were all out of space heaters, for some reason they were in high demand when it was only 50 degrees out. I asked again the next day about the heat, after we spent the first day and night fully clothed so we didn't freeze. I was then brought a space heater. I do not understand why they have still not switched to heat. I think the hotel is nice besides these two issues, although not very impressed with the restaurant. We had free coupons for breakfast for all 4 mornings but would not use them after the first morning. My husband got fruit which was not ripe at all and no flavor (maybe frozen?), I got a yogurt parfait that was very small and $9 I think. Thank goodness it was free! Also regarding the construction, every other hotel I have stayed at will tell you at the beginning so you are aware, and it's usually at a lower price. I have never been so disappointed at a Hilton family hotel. I also went to fitness center, it had several new cardio machines w/ tv's attached which is always nice. No weight machines, just a large selection of dumbells.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Tyler Pomroy is to be commended on his professionalism and kindness. You have a valuable employee. We will stay again because of him.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2009

The hotel rooms were old, dark, dingy, and not very clean. Bathroom was very small and gross. I wanted to shower the minute I left. We found a pair of black Reebok high tops under the bed that were obviously left from a previous guest. Plus, the AC did not work, even though we had it set at 45 degrees...

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends