DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
1,137 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesconvention centernicollet mallwithin walking distanceorchestra hallsitting areafront desk staffbreakfast buffetwould definitely stay here againparking garagechecking incoffee makerupon checkhotel restaurantconvenient locationfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I stayed at The Doubletree for a bachelorette party. The location was great; very close to many bars/clubs. The price of the room was great; the cheapest for 6 people to stay. I was expecting the room to be a little bigger, but it was just fine. I was expecting 2 bedrooms, instead we got one room with 2 beds in it and a living room. There was a bathroom separating the two, so there wasn't a full wall with a door separating them.
I loved the cookies at check-in. The beds were very comfortable.
I didn't like that we couldn't watch our own movies on the TV. We brought a DVD player, but they block them from the TV. The front desk lady said management wants people to buy their movies. That was disappointing because we had a specific movie we wanted to watch that we couldn't buy.
We signed up for a package that included a midnight snack which we didn't get, but they did give us free breakfast. I'm glad it was free, because it wouldn't have been worth the cost of the buffet.
The parking lot is very small; we almost didn't get a spot when we arrived which was included in the package we booked. I'm not sure what would have happened if we couldn't find parking. My advice is to arrive we early on a weekend. We didn't get there until about 8:30 on a Saturday.
They don't have a swimming pool either, which we didn't care about.
All-in-all, we had a great time!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We enjoyed a very quiet comfortable stay, the choc chip cookies at check in were WARM and delicious, the bed was amazingly comfortable, we stayed on 9th floor and it was very quiet!! we will be going back, great internet rates!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2009

The furnishings at the Doubletree Suites is more than a little dated--don't expect to see flat screens here and the rooms show a bit of wear-and-tear. But the service is excellent--right down to the supply of more than a dozen extra coffee packets when I called to request reinforcements. My room was a "suite" only in the loosest sense of the word--a living room was set away from the bedroom by the bathroom and a tiny corridor; the 'kitchenette' was an old microwave and dorm fridge with a single bottle of chardonnay. Good access to the Nicollet mall--outside access to the Skyway. Overall, not bad.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank mklein818
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here.
We spent a great weekend in Minneapolis at this hotel. My husband had stayed there for business and knows the area very well.
We ate at great restaurants, shopped the Nicollett Mall, had a picnic lunch during a concert in the park across the street by the concert hall. The best part was the Walker Art Museum and our car never left the hotel garage!
We even received a free upgrade to a suite with a big jetted bathtub!
This hotel is great and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed June 7, 2008

I only spent one night here but by check out, I was wishing I could stay one more day. The hotel is located in a nice scenic spot downtown, walking distance from good shopping at the Nicolette Mall and nearby cafes. The location is beautiful. Also very close to Warehouse district, a place to hang and experience Minneapolis nightlife.
Safe parking undergroud is provided by the hotel and the staff were all very friedly. The hotel restaurant is also well staffed and was great for breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple