Let me preface by writing that my travel to metropolitan areas is infrequent and my wife and I were in Minneapolis for a weekend wedding. This hotel was well rated, well priced, and within walking distance of the weekend's events. We were able to walk to quality restaurants, pubs, and shopping.
Regarding unexpected fees; I was not expecting $20/day on-site parking and was not expecting $10/day internet access. As it was, we had to park in their "overflow" lot in an office complex across the street because the hotel also allows the public to park for a fee in their hotel ramp. Internet is, however, complimentary to Hilton loyalty members or AT&T subscribers. My Apple tech could not pull a sufficient signal from nearby public access points.
Regarding cleanliness; there was long black hair from the previous guest on the shower walls, and my socks picked up bits of cat or small dog fur from parts of the carpet. We also arrived to find housekeeping left us a neatly folded, but very damp, bathmat. I have to add that the water pressure in the building is so incredibly strong that water will spray everywhere and I was fully expecting the plumbing fixtures to blow!
Our ninth floor suite was very nice with a gorgeous view of the city. The social/home-office space was sufficiently separate from the sleeping space. The room included current TV technology in both the sleeping and living spaces.
The weekend staff was positive, professional, and comfortable at customer service. Security exceeded expectations. There is a restaurant with a full service bar, and a Starbucks on site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, this all-suite hotel is walking distance to Target Field, Hennepin Theatre District, the Minneapolis Convention Center, Nicollet Mall and Target Center. Large guest suites are 25% larger than most standard hotel rooms and feature the luxurious Suite Dreams beds, in-room safes, spacious living rooms, refrigerators and microwaves. Come lounge, network and cozy up by the fire in the lobby or visit Lot 57, our onsite restaurant and bar serving breakfast and dinner. Grab a cup of coffee in our full-service, onsite Starbucks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Minneapolis