“Great place to stay!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a great time staying at the Double Tree hotel, the room was perfect, two beds and a pull out couch be in a seperate living room. Plenty of space for the 4 of us. Everyone was super polite and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Jennifer,

Thank you for the nice review and more importantly I am happy to hear that you had a great visit with us. It sounds as though our large suites are perfect when you travel. Please visit us again the next time you come to Minneapolis.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you want to stay at a Double Tree at Hilton in Minnesota, never try staying at the one downtown in Minneapolis. The front desk staff has a lot of attitude. She does not when smile with you when you asked for a cookie or help. There is no sign of willingness to help from her face. Also, the security guard from GSS is not polite. All he wants to do is to sit down and talk with the front desk staff. This is my worse experience at a Hilton. I will stay at the one downtown Minneapolis. Also, if the management does not address my concern, I will never stay at a Hilton again.

Henry,

I apologize for the problems you had with the service from a couple members of our staff. We strive to provide great service to all of our guests and it seems as though we fell short this time. We hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you the great service that we provide on a daily basis.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Upon arrival and being ignored, the stay went down hill from there. Smell, cleanliness of room was horrible. The specific questions addressed when making reservations made this sound like a plush, well staffed and desirable hotel. I was too easily fooled. Never again will I return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Susan,

I apologize for the problems you encountered during your recent stay. Please contact me directly at your convenience so I can apologize and get details of how we can improve.

Patrick Bissen
612-332-6800

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Overall average. Poor odor in lobby and halls. Some areas of rooms need updating, ie toilet seats. If you travel by car, parking is expensive at hotel. Overall service is OK. Dining is avg. Areas is avg.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

David,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Average is definitely not what we strive for at our hotel. At your convenience please contact me so I can welcome you back and also get more details so we can improve our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us.

Patrick Bissen

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in Feb. The room was nice and clean. From the front desk team to the maintenance staff, all of the employees we dealt with were friendly and professional. We will stay here again when in the Twin Cities. Thank you DoubleTree.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Patrick,

Thank you for staying with us and it is great to hear that you and your wife had a great stay. I am happy to hear about the great service you received from our entire team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Minneapolis.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Deluxe room was quite spacious than I had imagined. Room furnishings are well maintained and clean bathroom. Appreciate room tariff for a deluxe room. Location perfect for people travelling for business.

Dipankar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We agree that our location is ideal for the business traveler. Our large suites are also perfect for every guest who wants room to relax and work while on the road. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again when visiting Minneapolis.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel property is old, and as such, has problems inherent with an old building. Though it was 9 degrees outside, my room was terribly hot. Luckily the window could open, but then I'd hear the street noises. And with the window open, I had to leave curtains open, otherwise the wind made them slap around. Though the room itself was large and pleasant enough. As I check out, I mentioned the heat issue. The manager apologized and offered credit for both parking and internet fees which was very nice. Speaking of parking, the one lot is extremely small. The spaces are cramped. And I came back to hotel in evening and it was full up, so I had to park on street anyway! Since it was weekend, this wasn't really a problem (except I had originally PAID for parking).
MY server at the restaurant there happened to be not very good. I was rather annoyed. I did note the other server and another person were exactly the opposite. VERY nice. VERY pleasant.
Overall, not convinced I'd stay there again. Might try one of the other properties, though the Hilton Garden Inn there is in an awkward spot traffic wise.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your recent stay. I apologize for the problems you encountered with our parking and heating systems. We are continuing to look at ways to make both of these better for future guests. All of your feedback, including the good and bad in the restaurant, is appreciated very much. We will use it to continue to look for ways to improve our hotel. Thank your for staying with us and we hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Minneapolis.