“I didn't want to leave!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Having traveled extensively throughout the US, it is such a pleasure to find a hotel that is so comfortable you regret having to check out of. My stay at the Doubletree was so exceptionally stellar that I felt it compelled to write about it. The room was so large and beautifully appointed that I immediately relaxed. I couldn't hear a single noise outside the room, so this allowed me the rest I needed during the breaks in my hectic schedule. I found the room service food to be delicious and received in a well-presented and timely fashion. The room design allowed me to conduct business in the living area without being encumbered by the separate sleeping quarters. The staff from the concierge to the cleaning staff were conscientious, cordial and efficient. The security staff made me feel safe and secure whenever I walked around or used the workout facility. Loved having a Starbucks on premises, too. Definitely a delightful place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Melody,

Thank you for your very kind words about our staff and hotel. Your words "I didn't want to leave" makes us all very proud that we succeeded in providing you great service while away from home. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Minneapolis and we will have a Starbucks waiting for you.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I was quite impressed with my recent stay. The rooms were quite large and the extra seating area was perfect for when I wanted to rest but my husband wanted to watch tv. We enjoyed a yummy breakfast one morning and the breakfast staff were eager to please. Since breakfast was not an option for us time wise the next day, having a Starbucks there was invaluable for our quick departure. We had a chance to sit down for cocktails one evening and chat with a staff member, Denitria, who was able to recommend a tasty cocktail when I was stumped for ideas. Every staff member we encounter, be it at breakfast, having cocktails or during housekeeping, was pleasant, cheerful and courteous. I really felt like a guest, not just a patron. I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Brooke,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and the service provided by our staff. We are very proud to have staff members who take pride in providing personalized service to all our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and please visit us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

In general, the hotel is fine however the accommodations are dated especially in the bathroom. The remotes are so warm it is difficult to know what buttons are for what purpose and honestly, they did not work very well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Ted,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. It is great to see that you gave our cleanliness and service the highest possible rating. We will continue to work on making our bathrooms feel as modern as possible. In addition, we are currently in process of putting new remotes in all of our rooms.

Thank you again and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been staying here for years, every time I visit Minneapolis. It's great location, best value and awesome service. Knock on wood, I've never had a problem staying here. If have any business downtown, everything is within walking distance, no need for a cab even. I always recommend this to anyone going to the cities.

Michon,

Thank you for the great review as well as your continued loyalty to our hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with our team so they understand the great impact they have on our guests each day. We will all continue to do our best.

Thank you for recommending our hotel as it is the highest praise we can receive.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a very nice hotel in the heart of Minneapolis. Nice lobby, good breakfast, polite staff, clean rooms, comfy beds -- not too expensive -- parking garage old/a bit creepy - but connected to hotel & safe.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for the great review about our hotel. Cleanliness and service are the pillars of our operation and it is great to hear that you thought both exceeded expectations. We will continue to look at ways to improve our parking ramp area in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope you visit us again the next time you visit Minneapolis.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Every staff member that I encountered was over the top in friendliness and helpfulness. Clean and neat rooms, good breakfast. I travel domestically and internationally about 80 nights a year, and have encountered good service, but usually from just one or two of the staff - EVERYONE at this hotel is over the top from the maintenance guys greeting you ion the elevator, front desk, maids, restaurant. This is absolutely the friendliest and most helpful hotel I have ever experienced

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Mike,

Thank you for staying with us and for the great feedback about our staff. We take great pride in providing service that makes our guests feel comfortable while away from home. It is nice to see we succeeded during your recent visit.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Minneapolis.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My review is mostly about the hotel bad customer service, I travel a lot and in the last month I stayed in 4 different Hilton in Dallas and Seattle, and I came home for this weekend for a sister birthday and I wanted to stay in a hotel closer to downtown because of nightclub. I am writing my review while I am in the hotel today Mar 1,2014. I have booked two room, I am Silver Member for Hilton but when I check into the hotel I felt like a was bum off the street, I checked in and the service was not to great I was checked in by a male, Who ask me did I want to sign up for Hilton Honors, I was thinking this is kind of strange because I gave him my credit card and ID and told him I was a member, after that he still did not thank me for being a Hilton member, but I move passed it, he gave my room key, I went to my room, the room was very nice and clean but When I turned on my TV , it was on the hotel channel the TV was explaining all the things you should get when you check in as a Hhonor member, Like a HHonor room on the top floor, compliment bottle water and a cookie, no problem. after a few Hours I went back down to the front desk where I express my concern about it I was waiting in line, the woman and her 2 children was her, not checked in yet had already had 3 bottle water and 3 cookie each in there hand. while they was checking in , the lady asked them to sign up for the HHonor program and she could up grade her to one of the honor room for free. the lady sign up and got a apartment room for free and paid less then I did for one room, and today I book two rooms. I got to the front desk I ask the about my rooms change she said it was because I used AAA on my booking, I never heard that before and when I asked about my free bottle water an cookies, she said we don't do that and then I pointed at the lady and her kids, I walk over to the woman guest and ask her I said did you get water and cookies because your a Hilton honors she said no, she booked her stay on hotel.com for $75.00. then I said I would like a Hilton room please she said that was the last one. If I did not already pay and it was a Friday night I would of left. so she gave me the bottle and some cookies, I walked into the bar with my husband who is Asian, He asked the bartender if there was any drink special he said no, So we order 2 drink not thinking . We was drink our drinking a couple come in and said the front desk said we get discount for being a Hilton honor member. We watch him tell them the special and the drinks was half off the price of our $6.00 drink. I just know I will be cancel my next two hotel stay in Seattle and LA with Hilton and fine a new hotel membership with another company. I won the lottery a few years ago and all I do is travel with my husband, and leave nice tip for stranger but the tip this hotel get from me, Is please get better Customer service. I think I be trying the Priority Club or Carlson club hotel line. I used to work in customer service for years and that why I give back to people who do customer service, I hated when you get bad customer, but you have to remember you can also have bad people who service them, but the hotel is a good place to sleep but if your black and Asian and a Hilton Honor member I would not tell you to stay here.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I would like to apologize for the shortfalls in service you received during your stay. I am happy to see however that you gave our hotel cleanliness, location, sleep quality, and rooms the highest rating possible. All of your feedback is helpful as we continuously strive to improve our hotel.

We would like to welcome you back to the hotel so please contact me directly and I can assist you with your reservation. Once again, please accept our apologies and we hope to see you again soon.